• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 3000+ barton on Abit nf7-s 512 pc3200 ram oc problem!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Ok i have a locked Athlon 3000+ barton on an abit nf7-s with 512mb ddr400 ram and i tried moving the multiplier and itll stay where i put it, but at the very top in the bios itll stay 10.5 so its locked right?

anyways ive been uping the fsb by 5's and so far i got to 215 (stock is 200) so its 215x10.5

whenever i try to get to 220 i go and run prime 95 and it says some hardware failure, consult stress.txt. SO i upped the vcore from 1.65 to 1.7 and it didnt change. I checked mobo monitor and it said 1.65, so i up the vcore to 1.75 and now it says 1.7 anyways

i tried prime again and it still didnt work whats wrong? DO i need to up the ram voltage or up the vcore more? what?

it worked at 220 for some reason, then i tried again and now it wont work

The Coolest

Try uppding your VDimm and VDD, and see if that helps. Also get Memtest and run it at 220, this will test your memory mostly for stability, and if the problem is in the RAM then you'll know what's limiting you, and more vdimm will probably be the cure

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

which is vdimm?

all i see is cpu core (vcore) ddr voltage, chipset voltage, and agp voltage

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

k i upped the ddr and chipset (the ddr only goes up to 2.9, i put it on 2.8 and the chipset voltage only goes up to 2.7 or 1.7 and i put it at the max)

i was able to get 2 min on prime 95 at 219 fsb. My vcore is at 1.75 or something

Drec

watch your temps...the higher you jack up voltages the hotter shes gonna get.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

well ive gotten to 46 when i was running prime 95 but then prime gets the error and then it stops so ya what do i do?

Drec

i wouldn't pay to much attention to prime..if you can use your system normally and it doesnt lock up or freeze then its stable enough. keep uppiing the fsb and vcore till you feel your at your limit or your temps are at their limit.

-edit...make surre your ram can take the fsb. the 3000+'s arnt great overclockers at all.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

well how would i find out my load temps? Is there another program like prime? at idle my cpu is about 32-40 or something. What would be a high idle temp?

but ya how can i find out my load without using prime? and how would i test the stability? 3dmark 03? And to find out if my ram can take the fsb would i use that mem test or what?

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

ok well i ran prime95 over night for 8 hours (2 am to 10am, i meant to wake up at 7 haha) and it was stable at 215fsb (2.25 ghz) and the load temp was 45-47 i forgot even though it was only an hour ago lol.

ANyways so since prime isnt all too good and stuff. What else could i run to check for stability?

and with sisoft sandra's burn in, do i have to run the removable hardware, cd/dvd rom, and network lan tests? can i uncheck those? and how many times should i run the tests? i dont want it to take forever

The Coolest

I heared of some people having problems with prime95, but I think that if you get the newest version, then Prime95 will not be the cause of you getting errors.
With sisoft sandra, uncheck everything except CPU and let it rip, with Prime95, usually when the computer is unstable, it will spit out an error and stop, with sandra it might lock up your PC (if its unstable), so I wouldn't recommend you do any important work that you wouldn't want to lose while you're running sandra.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

how many times do i run the tests with sandra?

im gonna try 220 fsb

The Coolest

Run it for at least 24 hours, straight, don't stop it at any time before 24hours have passed.

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

well i cant set it for 24 hours can i? do i just set the amount of times to run the tests to 99999 or the max it can go and then stop it after 24hours? can i play games online and stuff like halo while its testing?

edit: nvm i just check run continusly, but still can i play games and use the pc while its running? or will that be bad?

i let it run for like 10min with my fsb at 220, working fine. load was about 45. all the voltages are at default.

Last edited:
OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

ok i ran sisoft sandra's burn in for 12 hours straight with my fsb at 220. It ran fine. 24 hours is just too long and i dont have anything else to do so i just had to end the test. But it probly could run for 24 hours. What now? do i run mem test?

OP
Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon

ok at 220 fsb i ran memtest and i got an error. My ram voltage and chip set voltage were as high as it could go. (which is about 1 or 2 notches higher)

could it have to do something with my ram timings? i dont really understand any of the timings. This is what it says

Row-active delay 9
RAS-to-CAS delay 4
Row-Precharge delay 4
CAS Latency time 3.0

wtf?