• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 3200+ & Asus A8v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could achieve nice framerates with a single core on WoW, If you cut on eye-candy.

However, even a patched-6-years-old code like WoW supports multi-cores now, really boosts fps.

If you don't aim for the best graphics on games, a moderate new system should go longer than the current system with the fastest AGP, which, i think, is ATI 4670 at the moment. It actually all comes down to what you can afford, a moderate system with a 5750 should go pretty well, and you can add another one later, hoping multi-gpu and cores will scale better in the future :D

PS: I shouldn't forget to mention AMD's strategy in designing scalable systems. Tremendous help in step-upgrading as I call it. You can even get an 3-year-old AM2+ board and put x6 in it if you want. You can get an AM3 board and put the cheapest AMx cpu you can find and upgrade later. They even talk about the first next generation systems being AMx compatible lol. That's a lot of options.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help you two, unfortunately i went the intel route with my newest pc and regret it. The i7 is great n all but i really miss AMD and how OC friendly they are. Hence y this pc is still running 9 years after its production date. Like i had originally planned after buying my i7, i'm going to build a new pc for the wife. Thanks guys!

Back