• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP-M 2600+ cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexcmia

Registered
I've got Athlon XP-M Barton 2600+, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP, Chiefmax 680 Watt PSU, SPEEZE EEA10S4 HSF.

In XP 3200+ mode, 1.45 volts, FSB 200, 11x multiplier, CPU runs at 49C idle, at least BIOS reports it like that.

In 2400 MHz mode, 1.60 volts, FSB 200, 12x multiplier, CPU runs at 54C idle.

In 2500 MHz mode, 1.75 vlts, FSB 200, 12.5x multiplier, CPU runs at 61C idle.

Several questions.

A) Will I benefit from a better heat sink? If yea, suggest, I'm looking for HSFs that don't bother ear too much, that's the reason I have this SPEEZE HSF.

B) Should there be noticable performance difference between those 3 mods? (for Vegas 8 Pro)

C) What is the life expectancy with those 3 mods?

Thanx in advance.

Ahh the mobile barton, sweet memories. Anyway I would try to keep temps under 55C full load. I ran mine back in the day at 1.84V 250Mhz X 10=2.5Ghz full load for about 2 years np. If you can keep the temps under 55C or lower that chip will be good for 3 years easy me thinks. The top pic was of everyday use (Seti Cruncher/Gamer), the bottom 2 pics were taken with ambient about 0C :). Don't worry about temps I wrecked my temp sensor lol. I would run your chip at 2.4Ghz if thats what it takes to keep temps under 55C.

Last edited:
Back