• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP2400 266 and 333 FSB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charleybot

Registered
OP
C

charleybot

Registered
Tell me about it. It's really odd they have the AMD part # with the AV at the end, AMD doesn't seem to have anything on it though. Oh well...... Guess we'll see when it gets here.

OP
C

charleybot

Registered
That's just it, I already did call them and had them double check, I ordered it and told them that if it is not 333FSB that I will be more than ****ed off and will return it. So we will see, tomorrow. :)

OP
C

charleybot

Registered
I will. Forgot to mention I finally went off the deepend and ordered the BE cooling Micro Stealth Custom kit with all the upgrades. This should prove interesting.....

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok i emailed em also. i cant pass this up. if its true they have em. im buying one! 2200 tbred going to classified!ill post back what i find out!

markodude

I hope it doesnt matter, I ordered one today and I dont know whether its a 166 or 133FSB chip. I'm going to unlock it and go for 200ish FSB anyway so suppose it doesnt really matter too much.
Perhpas the 166 will be a better overclocker, but I've yet to find a post Tbird chip that isnt stable at 166 if you drop the multiplier anyway.
Im trying to get an answer from AMD on whether the 2400+ is produced in 166FSB format...

ReTiCuLeX

I don't belive it at all. Im going to give AMD a call and ask myself. If it was possible Boards would have a 2400+ option for 333bus. If I was a vendor I could go ahead and say I got 2400+'s with 333fsb and tell them to set the multi to 12x166.

RnPgrosz

charleybot said:
I came across this first thing this morning from TigerDirect. They claim to have both the XP2400 266 FSB as well as the XP2400 at 333 FSB . Is this true? I don't remember seeing 333FSB available as of yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

here's the link for both:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=CP2-XP2400C

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=CP2-XP2400C AV
:eek:

I don't think there is a 333 MHz fsb version of the 2400+. Pretty sure the 2700+ and 2800+ will be the first 333 MHz fsb chips. And, is this even big news for us? Not really, people have been past 166 fsb for a long time now, many more around 200 fsb.:)

OC Detective

ReTiCuLeX said:
I don't belive it at all. Im going to give AMD a call and ask myself. If it was possible Boards would have a 2400+ option for 333bus. If I was a vendor I could go ahead and say I got 2400+'s with 333fsb and tell them to set the multi to 12x166.
Ditto I dont believe it at all either - why hasnt there been an AMD announcement if they were available - first of the 333's are the 2700's or 2800's if I am not mistaken.

Deadphishy

i don't know, maybe they changed it. but i read both links and looked around the site. and both say that their 266 fsb. and their the same cpu with the same product number. maybe if i missed it could someone point it out.

OP
C

charleybot

Registered
That's interesting, they must of realized that they made a mistake. I wonder how many people called them about what I posted, gee did I do that :D

Anyways, one thing still remains, what is the "AV" at the end of the part number?

AMD says that it stands for the 333FSB.

Oh well, counting down the hours til my 2400 comes in..

bobt17

off the first link

Features:
"Featuring an Advanced 266 Front-side Bus delivering 2.7 GB/s memory bandwidth

The Ultimate Digital Media Experience in an x86 Platform

Tailored for Microsoft® Windows® XP

Featuring QuantiSpeed™ Architecture for Rapid Execution of Applications

The Power of a Reliable Partner"

umm since when did a 266mhz fsb mean 2.7gb/s memory bandwidth lol yeah i think someone made a mistake somewhere