• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon's are in a O\C'ing slump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dagon

Through a twist of fate, I just replaced my 1.0 AXIA 'Y' with a 1.4 AYHJA 'Y'. The old AXIA would OC stable to about 1470, but post all the way up to 1540 using my Kt7A's max vcore. My new AYHJA can only do 1540 stable, and will freeze in windows at anything above that. I'm sure it will OC higher (posts at 1680) but it seems pretty stubborn. Are most people posting above 1600 using the voltage mod? My MC462 with the 68cfm delta keeps everything cool with the chip leveling off at 46 full load, so I'm sure my HSF could handle more juice.

To make a long story short, I'm seriously considering just running it at default speed, with a nice quiet 80mm fan. A 1400 to 1600 or even 1700 oc just isn't worth the trouble or noise. I could justify it with my 1.ghz AXIA, but given the cheap prices of 1.4's and current oc limits of the t-birds not to mention apparent sluggish O/c'ablity of the palamino's, I think Athlon Oc'ing has hit a slump.

.. AE 86 .. said:
your temps seem fine...
can u post the specs of your computer please

It's a KT7A-RAID, 256 Crucial Cas2, Swiftech 462 with Delta, 2 Quantum Fireball AS's in RAID 0, Antec 300w. The Antec will dip to 4.93 full load, so it's not my powersupply. The AYHJA "Y" is a week 26 or 29...

Would71 said:
Give the Morgan a try. I love this one. :D

Cool you got your Morgan whats the room temp. for your PC and whats your idle cpu temp and the load temp @ default and 1.3 Would71.

Back