• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Its getting closer, closer. They come with a stepping called AIUGB appearently and are expected to be launched at the end of December, or maybe into the second week of January.

Anyways, there is also a 2900+ model, (2333MHz for the 2900+ and 2416MHz for the 3000+).

As far as I know, this is the last of the T-breds as Bartons can only take AMD higher.

But take this release as a grain of salt because we all know that we probally wont be able to purchase these cpus untill at least March ;)

EDIT: For anyone wondering about Barton names, the 3100+ Barton runs at 2416MHz and the 3200+ Barton runs at 2500MHz. If you remember, Barton has 100 more PR rating than T-bred.

OC-Master

dpw2atox

Thanks for the info on that. I'll probally end up waiting till this summer and getting meself a barton. My palamino is doing fine for now and if cheep enough I might get a tbred a to hold myself over till then.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
hmmm im doubting i can hold off buying a newer cpu to play with until spring.the barton will be the one to get tho.

mabey ill pop a 2600 333 in when they hit $200. that price could convince me of buying one so soon.

maxima88

Looks like the plans for a XP2600+ now takes a back seat.
I just have to be patient.

xgman

The 2600 pic on newegg is also the new aiugb stepping. I wonder if it is any better than the aiucb stepping.

Codeman05

deathstar13 said:
hmmm im doubting i can hold off buying a newer cpu to play with until spring.the barton will be the one to get tho.

mabey ill pop a 2600 333 in when they hit $200. that price could convince me of buying one so soon.

Yea same here...Has anyone OCed a 333 CPU yet????

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
I'm good until Barton hits... I can't argue with 1725MHz out of my main, and (2x) 1750 out of my duallie server I'm setting up.

I need more ram, more than a faster CPU....... :( :rolleyes:

Emericana

ya i am hopin to win a cpu or two in the amd reality check when it comes to boston so i really dont wanna go and purchase one. i honestly am 100% fine with what i have now, 1750mhz and i am hoping to get much more bandwith out of it w/ a nforce2 board which should rock. add that and watercooling, which should get me atleast another 100mhz, and i am all set till atleast march.... hopefully by then the 2400+ cpus will be as cheap as the 1600+ ones and i will pick up one of those. i know hammer is comin out but there are gonna be so many cheap and powerful socket A cpus that i dont see any reason to upgrade to hammer for atleast another year.

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Mr B said:
I'm good until Barton hits... I can't argue with 1725MHz out of my main, and (2x) 1750 out of my duallie server I'm setting up.

I need more ram, more than a faster CPU....... :( :rolleyes:

1750MHz with only 256MB of memory? Wow, your memory must be harshly holding you back. I go over 256MB line just by using common tasks like browsing the web with folding going and some imesh and ICQ.

When playing UT2003, I regularly go over the 512MB mark also. 768MB is now the sweet spot. I got 1GB which runs everything :)

BTW, PC133 is only $46 for 512MB :) :)

OC-Master

SpyderMatrix

ok what boards are going to support the 2600+ and higher i am hoping with a bios update my kg7 will but i dont think so most likely need a kx7

The Coolest

The CPU is gonna have a default FSB of 166MHz so unless you are 100% you can do 166FSB without any problems, it MIGHT run, but most likely you'll need a KT333 or better to run the chip