• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 3400+ & 3600+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

http://itlab.itnow.com.cn/articles/20030211/200321114031515595-1.shtml

These people are reporting AMD launching AthlonXPs with 3400+ rating. The article is dated but seems to be fairly accurate to date. I hear that AMD is again doing a minor change to there PR strategy and giving the 3400+ a 2.40GHz clock and the 3600+ a 2.50GHz clock.

I could see this done, I mean, look at the 2500+ 1.83GHz CPU then when you jump to the 2800+, you go up to 2.08GHz but yet, the difference between the 2800+ and 3000+ is 83.3MHz.

Anyhow, I'd love to see a 2.4 and 2.5GHz AthlonXP to finish off the series with.

OC-Master

[Anyhow, I'd love to see a 2.4 and 2.5GHz AthlonXP to finish off the series with.[/B]
It makes sense as far as clock speeds go. I mean, most people need to pour quite a bit of voltage into current Bartons to get them to hit 2.5ghz, enough to make me think that a final stepping would bring 2.5 @ 1.65v within reach.

The problem is that I'm going to be tempted to switch out my CPU with a later stepping, of course. Heh.

These last XP's would be a great way for AMD to finish off the XP series.

I would love to see this happen, especially if the speeds you indicated are the ones they are release at.

Talk about sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :drool:

yes, id love AMD to finish off the Xp's with killing the P4. im sure those will. AMD will then be like 2 steps ahead of intel.

I heard that the XP will become the next durons. so all there will be is athlon XP, and athlon 64. he he he. 3600+ bartons will be competing with celerons. he he eh lol muahhhaaahahahah.

ok peopel, i really am actually a sane person.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
I wonder if well be seeing any 3gig overclocks with these new chips :D

maybe they will come out with a really good stepping that will o/c up to the modle #. a 3.6 ghz atholn on air!!! swwweeeeeeet!!! but unlikly :( they kinda have reached the limit of the .13 manufacturing proscess.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
I wonder if well be seeing any 3gig overclocks with these new chips :D

Should be able to, Kunak has his 2100 up to 3Ghz.

A 3400 and 3600 sounds pretty nice. I dunno about the clock speeds though. But think, AMD has a 3200+ out that runs at 2.2GHz. Since AMD is now making 400MHz FSB CPUs there is a 70% chance (with Athlon64 coming) that they will finish us up with a 3400 and 3600 then go to the Athlon64's with a 4000 then a 4200 and so on. I think the Athlon 64's will probably start at 2.8 or maybe even 3GHz if the 3400 and 3600 come out at the speeds you mentioned. We will just have to wait and see. :)

Back