• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 8500 cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

My roomate is buying a Radeon 8500Le and he's too lazy to ask the question so i'll do it for him.

Does anyone know of fans that can be put on the chip to cool it better than the stock cooling, i know there are the blueorbs for geforce cards, but will these work w/ATI if not does anyone know of any that will thanks in advance

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
you can use a blord on the ATi or a crystal orb and any IU cooler. The only difference is the ATI doesn't have the mounting holes, so get some artic alumina epoxy and still it on.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
NASsoccer said:
you can use a blord on the ATi or a crystal orb and any IU cooler. The only difference is the ATI doesn't have the mounting holes, so get some artic alumina epoxy and still it on.

An IU cooler will not fit without slight modification to the top left corner..

I know this because i had an Alpha pal 15u on mine (60mm x 60mm x 25mm)

A Crystal Orb fits nicely but you'll need some Adhesive like NASsoccer recommended:rolleyes: