• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9800xt with Half Life 2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

Just got my card today but I do not have internet connection at home where the game will be play but I know that you can get the game by mail. I called the number on the CD Key card and was told that it will cost 10 bucks for regular shipping (2-3 weeks) and 15 bucks for one week shipping. To me this is not free. The box said free game and no where said plus shipping! Do anyone know if I download the game from a pc that has internet connection and burn it on CD to install at home? By the time I get the game in the mail, it game will be 15 bucks at the store. What a rip off ATI.

Burning it to a CD should work just fine. The install file doesnt know any different

And I cant think of the last time i saw a promotion from any company where you didnt have to pay shipping charges. In all legality, they do supply the product for free as they say, they just make you have your own way of getting it

ummm hl2 i doubt will ever be 15 bucks in the near future. certainly not 2-3 weeks.

I wouldn't get all bummed out for paying $10 to get a game. I mean you just spent who know how much on the 9800XT, $10 shouldn't be that bad.

that's the problem. After spending all the money on the card, I don't have enough left for shipping :)

Back