• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI AIW probelm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
okay i have a freind that is having trouble

with his all in wonder ( i dont know what model )

but its a pci and it is in a shuttle ( one of thosue mini ) computer

hes getting ALOT of choppyness on 3d parts and his comptuer just acts a fool whenever he does tv

are there any generic trouble shooting techniques you can think of

i can find out more but currently its on the uss cole and he doesnt have alot of time to talk to me.

every thing else works fine ( hdd mobo cpu)

ptwearnhardtfan

Does he have access to different drivers? I think that's where I'd go first. Also, maybe the games he's playing are a little too new for his card to handle. Maybe the computer is old too.

OP
Crash893

Crash893

he just got a new shuttle comptuer its like a amd 1700

its got 256 of ddr

and i know the card had 64 ddr

i could understand it acting funky if he was pushing it but its just normal games and stuff that are acting up

OP
Crash893

Crash893

no

fresh install ( and new drivers and video software that comes with the card)

anyone else

OP
Crash893

Crash893

FREIND:the video up makes it go pink after i play it untill i reboot
FREIND: all in wonder ve pci
FREIND: 64mg ddr

here is what he describes the probelm as

and some more card info

D $hady

My two guesses would be driver issues or overheating, but I'm leaning towards a driver issue. The latest drivers on ATI's site are March 13 so I would try to update to the latest ones.

BTW, is this WinXP?

About the pink video, is it the TV window that is pink or the whole screen?

I don't know how the ventilation is in the Shuttle PCs (I've never actually seen one in person) but maybe try opening the case and putting a big box fan blowing into the PC. Worth a shot to see if that solves it.

Maybe this is a problem ATI knows about. If worse comes to worse you could just send tech support a quick email.

I've had two AIWs and haven't had any major problems, so hopefully this is just a minor software issue.

Good luck!

-- Dave