• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI EEU Client event error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I was playing ARMA 3 last night and I had a weird issue basically as the game was loading the following happened

• My monitor went into standby
  • Headset sent out a short buzzing noise
  • PC tower was still on but Ethernet on router said it was switched off

I restarted the PC and booted into Windows normally and yet everything seemed OK, yet my friends on ARMA 3 said I was joining the server we have and I was banned for malware???, I have spyware blaster, AVAST Free and Spybot 1.6.2 along with Windows Defender if it still works with the others, nothing reports anything on my system. When I check event viewer I see this ATI EEU Client event error a few times down the list I've no idea what it is and can't find any ideas what actually happened because it's the first time it's done it.

RJARRRPCGP

I was playing ARMA 3 last night and I had a weird issue basically as the game was loading the following happened

• My monitor went into standby
  • Headset sent out a short buzzing noise

I restarted the PC and booted into Windows normally and yet everything seemed OK, yet my friends on ARMA 3 said I was joining the server we have and I was banned for malware???, I have spyware blaster, AVAST Free and Spybot 1.6.2 along with Windows Defender if it still works with the others, nothing reports anything on my system. When I check event viewer I see this ATI EEU Client event error a few times down the list I've no idea what it is and can't find any ideas what actually happened because it's the first time it's done it.

Crash with a buzz or a squeal, I would clean the board and reseat the cards. It's possible a dropping +12 V rail is causing the issue. It's possibly time to replace the PSU.
That does remind me of an old skool Nintendo crash... lol...

OP
AngelfireUk83

AngelfireUk83

Crash with a buzz or a squeal, I would clean the board and reseat the cards. It's possible a dropping +12 V rail is causing the issue. It's possibly time to replace the PSU.
That does remind me of an old skool Nintendo crash... lol...

Cheers for the reply my system is in need of a good clean anyway I've giving it a blow out 3 weeks ago but I mean a full clean like new paste etc it hasn't happened once since I posted above which is odd but I'll give it a good clean out