• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI gay fan boys, come in!!! plzz :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OC]This

Disabled
Hi.

I'm a nVidia fan boy.

I'm thinking about... getting me a ATI gay card.. Is ATI Radeon 8500 good? How does it compare to GF3 ti500? If the ATI iz good, i'm thinking about joining the ATI gay club.. i think it's cool.. no kidding.

Input greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! thankX...

OP
O

[OC]This

Disabled
My GF3 ti200 is running on my [email protected] 9.5 x 193. and My voodoo3 2000 is running on a P3 [email protected] 1.4. I'm trying to get rid of the voodoo on the P3. Put a new video card in my AXP and put that GF3 ti200 in my P3.. any suggestions for what video card?.. i don't want GF4 series.. nor R9700.. R8500 any good???

PhobMX

first of all, forget about gay stuff....

i was also a sworn nvidiot until i had to go on the best bang for the buck because of my gf3s death. Ive seen gf3ti500 and my current radeon 8500 in action, same computer. I kept the r8500... much better overclockability, visual quality AND performance. An oced r8500 is more like a gf4 4200 than a gf3ti500

after my gf3s death, i learned that brands are nothing, just save up some money and get whatever is bet atm, so i say that if you want a card now, get a r8500.

But i also suggest to hold your horses, since radeon 9500 is about to come out, it will beat the gf4 4600 easily with maximum quality enabled and 128mb ram, at the price of a gf4 4200.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Deadphishy said:

Just a side note, if you really want peole to help you, calling them gay isn't the best idea. You could really make some people mad. and if i didn't know that you where just kidding i wouldn't have even thought about helping you.

I agree, please watch how you phrase your thoughts in the future.

breez

This summer I bought ATi R8500LE with 64MB. The card is much much faster than my previous vidcard (GF2MX) and I'm so gay about it. ;)

You know word "gay" has other meanings too.

OC-Master

breez said:
This summer I bought ATi R8500LE with 64MB. The card is much much faster than my previous vidcard (GF2MX) and I'm so gay about it. ;)

You know word "gay" has other meanings too.

Well said ;)

I think ATI is one step ahead of nVidia but in less than two weeks, the tides will most definately change! with the announcement of the NV30!

OC-Master

OP
O

[OC]This

Disabled
hey thankX for the replies guyz!!!! :)

But i also suggest to hold your horses, since radeon 9500 is about to come out, it will beat the gf4 4600 easily with maximum quality enabled and 128mb ram, at the price of a gf4 4200

wow... sounds intriquing!

Just a side note, if you really want peole to help you, calling them gay isn't the best idea. You could really make some people mad. and if i didn't know that you where just kidding i wouldn't have even thought about helping you.

sorry about that guyz..

hey ya is R8500 128mb DDR better or 64mb DDR? ... in terms of OC'ability and performance in 3dmark, fairly new games, and including UT2003?

or should I wait till the R9500 comes out? when?

attack

128mb theoreticly won't OC as high because the memory chips are more dense. The performance increase you'll get will blow away any difference from the small OC gain. You can get a 128mb 8500le for like 100 bucks....keep an eye ot for newegg refurbs as well.

Jerky

[OC]This said:
I can spend about... $130 +/-....
i say go for the ati 8500 all the way!!!!
i have an abit ti4200 which is actually really kickass, but after seeing how damn good my friends ati 8500 is visually i would get one of those if i could do it all over again.
the ti4200 are faster, no doubt
but the ati8500s are waaaaay,w waaaaay better in terms of graphical quality, and you can oc them to go about as fast as a ti4400 which is still pretty powerfull.
so again i say ati all the way.
btw - even though i responded to this thread, i'm not gay... just wanted to clear that up.
:burn:

D

Dragon_Engineer2

Well I'll bite my tonge.Ive owned the first radeon vivo,7500le,7500,8500lele,8500le,8500aiw,and currently a Saphire 9700 oced @ 385/680 on air.If you have any questions just pm me and I'll help you out.

Ugmore Baggage

let me get this straight,
You'll join the gay-fan-club of whichever card is faster, or better?
It sounds like you just want somewhere to belong...

I like Nvidia because ATI always seems to have driver issues at every tech/game related website. Since it seems to be important to you, I'm not gay and probably wouldn't like your club.