• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Mouse Bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have had it twice in the 6 months I have ran this 5870.. First time it happened, I rebooted and of course it cleared up, the 2nd time it went away on its own after about 5 minutes. Both times it happened, it was only when the mouse went to the 2nd monitor, it would resume its normal 'mouse-look' once you moved the mouse back to the first monitor though.

It happens to me probably 2xMonthly... I dont remember a time when it has not happened. Last time the mouse cursor was completely transparent on monitor 1 and was messy on monitor 2...

I find the ATI Moderator's response to be extremely comical.

Well we know we have a bug, and we acknowledge that we have a bug... So lets not talk about it:)

I have had it happen before on prolonged MedII:total war campaigns. No other game that I can recall. I assumed it was the game not the card.

EDIT: Just started reading the thread. the second page the guy talking about total war. Exactly it. Never happens any other time (I am a dual monitor user as well)

Last edited:
this used to happen to me a lot when alt+tabbed from a game, since 10.10 it really hasn't happened and if it does all I have to do it move the mouse over to the other monitor and then bring it back and its good again.

Back