• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ati or nvidia?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if Intel would want to acquire Nvidia.

That would make Intel a BEAST, of which it already is.

Yep. In fact, from what I've heard, Nvidia cards work better with Intel CPUs, and AMD cards naturally work well with AMD CPUs.

this is just a wives tale, its not true.
Nvidia works just as good in a AMD rig then a intel rig and the same the with AMD GPUs the work just as good in a Intel over AMD

1+ to AMD Gpus i love my 6950
+ you can only bitcoin mine with amd gpus

^+1
Stop the BIG NONSENSE please!

ATI and nVidia work exactly the same with any of the 2 CPU brands.

this is just a wives tale, its not true.
Nvidia works just as good in a AMD rig then a intel rig and the same the with AMD GPUs the work just as good in a Intel over AMD

1+ to AMD Gpus i love my 6950
+ you can only bitcoin mine with amd gpus

Since posting that I have learned otherwise thanks to the great knowledgeable members of this board. :)

i was just clearing it up

oh and crap i just saw the dates posted oops
+ when i 1st join i thought that way too till i read that thread about it (which you posted in)
so srry :facepalm:

i was just clearing it up

oh and crap i just saw the dates posted oops
+ when i 1st join i thought that way too till i read that thread about it (which you posted in)
so srry :facepalm:

Yep, I was new then and since then a couple of members explained to me that it doesn't matter and cleared that up for me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that AMD and Nvidia are owned by the same diabolical rich guy, who created them both solely for the purpose of starting fights on tech forums

I have a sneaking suspicion that AMD and Nvidia are owned by the same diabolical rich guy, who created them both solely for the purpose of starting fights on tech forums

Yes, they all belong to the Trilateral organisation!

I wonder if Intel would want to acquire Nvidia.

That would make Intel a BEAST, of which it already is.

I read somewhere its nVidia is who AMD wanted to buy, but nVidia would have non of it so they settled on ATI.

I think nVidia would give Intel the same frakk off treatment.

I have always been an Nvidia guy but I was doing some looking around on my most recent built and with the lack of 680 stock and prices I went with the AMD/ATI card this go around and so far I can say its been a nice run.

I have a slight bias to AMD so that counts in favour of the graphics cards. But on a more substantial basis, I appreciate what AMD have done for the Open Source community. They put a lot of work into documenting their hardware and releasing everything they could so that open source drivers could be written for Linux. As I still sometimes run Linux on my hardware (though I've used Win7 for my day to day for the last year), that's a solid reason to keep buying the Radeon series as far as I go.

They are competiting.. and nearly identical at times. :)
one thing though.. just as you begin to think u mastered ur card, a new one will come and replace it. hahah, everytime. :)

I prefer blondes and coke. But the brunettes, reds, blacks, and everything in between, along with the pepsi and mountain dew can compete, or sometimes overcome.

Back