• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI = Problems!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radius

This is what i gonna tell you now......i had an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro for 5 hourse later..and i got that card in 4-5 month and gues what happend after thoes smal few month....my Stock cooler Was stop spining i didnt see that but i got a feeling of that becuase when i started my Pc and had it on in 5 minutes i saw some strange Artifacts on my Screen...and than i got an Blackscreen...and i close it of and put it on a few times more...and same things happend again and over again....and than i was thinking.......i opend my chassi and looked what it was...and i got right. it was my Cooler that stoped spining...and my Core and memory was so hot that i burnd my finger Totally.so i gonna send it back and need to get a new one becuase i dont wanna change a Cooler on that one now...the card was near melting...so i gonna have a new one....so i dont like ATI at all now!!! :mad: i dont understand that ATi Got that Bad Quality on there Coolers..and thats a shame of ATI...SHAME ON YOU GUYS! i was near to melt my card! and i lovedmy card but how can i love it now when i youst got a neadeath Experiense....So i hope they fix there coolers better in next Generation Graphic cards! so i think i will change it back 2 Nvidia for a wile...Nvidia got more Quality on there Cards..so Guys thats the Prob with ATi...and i dont gonna throw moneys on a new Cooler Becuase of that! if it is on that way i will Blaim a lot on ATI...anyway i got an ATI 9800 Pro from PowerColor...5 month and what will i got....a Broken Cooler and almost a melted New card... :(

Strida

Lol, since this happens on ALL, yes ALL graphics cards, and even cpus it really isn't the fault of the company making the card. I'd say a huge majority of all the people running ATI cards have never had and never will for a long while have problems with their fan.

One bag egg doesn't represent the whole. That would be like saying all of humanity is evil and sadistic just because Hitler was.

Kenshiro

I do understand your fasturation, but I won't blame ATI for that. They are design and manufacturer GPUs, and probably buy the fan from some other company. It's probably bad luck that you got a card with a lousy fan. I didn't seen any other people complaining that their fan stopped spinning. If I have to blame, I will actually blame Powercolor. They are known for their "quality". Powercolor is NOT a recommended manufacturer.

OP
R

Radius

hmm strange than becuase i got my Nvidia Geforce 3 ti 200 64mb in 4years without clean it and its work perfectly! like all other Nvidias Coolersystem. ATI use an very simple ****ty cooler. and i got that card in 5 month and than opps..my card was near melting... i dont say that i gonna Hate ATI forever... they are better on some ways and Nvidia is better on some ways but i dont like when the Company made ****ty things on the card.. i dont pay 300€ for a card thats only holding in 5 month FFS!!!

Strida

Again Radius, it's all in your luck. Some graphics cards (yes, even GeForce 3s) will have a dead fan within a week even. I will repeat myself in saying that just because your GeForce 3 has a good fan doesn't mean ALL GeForce 3s do.

Do you truly not understand what I'm trying to say?

OP
R

Radius

hmm yes all Geforce 3 got good fans what i know! and i know 6 friends to me that use same cards that i use but From Sapphire...and Opps again there Coolers Was Broken to after a while..and we dont gonna spend a S.H.i.T.T more on something that we already payed for..300€ it´s youst too much and all peoples dont have thoes moneys! and if something gonna be broken on the card for a while..i think he will not expekt to buy a new cooler for that one...becuase if somthing Broken it will be that...i dont use a finger more to pay a new cooler or Ramsink or whatever...

Strida

1) You bought a powercolor, these aren't exactly great quality cards.

2) I'm going to make a guess here and say that out of 100 people, around 1-5 fans would break prematurely. This is probably ~ the same for all video cards.

3) They provide great services for problems just like this.. It's called an RMA. Now, if the company didn't let you RMA the card for some reason or another, then I WOULD be angry. However, since they can't test every card they make for 5 months to make sure the fan won't go dead, they let you return it if you have problems.

Agent_Mull

Well, I heard that the ford falcon has the best safety rating in its class. So im gona go out, buy a ford falcon, and speed as fast as i can b/c it has a great safety rating. So i cant die.

Also please work on your sentence syntax.

Strida

Agent_Mull said:
Well, I heard that the ford falcon has the best safety rating in its class. So im gona go out, buy a ford falcon, and speed as fast as i can b/c it has a great safety rating. So i cant die.

Also please work on your sentence syntax.

He's from Sweden, give him a break!

Alacritan

If you're going to speak English, or should I say, write in English, do it properly or not at all.

Chastise me all you want for being a *******, it doesn't change the fact that I get a kick out of it.

snvpa

no reason to complain about his lack of english grammer i certainly couldn't speek any sweedish or compaose a viable sentence. However i think you should give the rma system a chance and not just disreguard all that ati has to offer. Maybe get a refund and get another brand card. I personally like hercules due to there excellent qc and color coordination on there cards.

Biznatch

Yea who are you to complain about someone elses english? You grew up speaking it, so of course you are going to be able to speak it. This is his second language and it may be a little off but everyone here can understand what he said. I would love to see you try posting in another language and get laughed at by people who speak it fluently. Or he could just post it in swedish and none of us would have a clue about what he's saying.

Oh and all fans will break down over time, some won't make it as long as others. The ones that usually go are ones like PSU's, I have had to replace multiple ones but I don't go blaming the makers of the PSU's, I just know that they break down after enough use (some less than others).

mfjonny

Alacritan said:
If you're going to speak English, or should I say, write in English, do it properly or not at all.

Chastise me all you want for being a *******, it doesn't change the fact that I get a kick out of it.

glad you get a kick out of it. mods get a kick out of banning folks who get off on your kicks.

so keep it up... lets see who gets the most kicks.

as for the original post, i think generalizations of the sort are abit baseless. you got a dud card... not 10 or 20 duds, but one. so RMA.