• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 900 Probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grey186

Registered
ATI Radeon 9000 Probs

Got a R9000/64Mb with XPHome (Rig specs: see sig). Uninstalled GF2 MX400 drivers, rebooted, installed new card and then drivers on supplied cd with default settings. 3dMarkz'ed at 6100. Ran MW4, after ~10min sytem reboots or I get error 'exiting textures' or 'drawX error'.
Updated dated drivers ..same prob
installed Omega drivers...same prob
installed new Beta drivers...same prob
(For each uninstall/install of drivers, I uninstalled previous drivers, rebooted, rebooted, ran Norton2002 Systemworks, rebooted, installed next batch of drivers)

On Sunday reformatted hard drive, reinstalled XP, installed cd drivers, installed 3DMarkz (new score now 5800 after defrag) installed 3 games...same prob with MW4, installed Test Drive 6..same prob, installed Max Payne...same prob.

Reinstalled GF2 MX400..no prob.

Bad card?

ps. Anyone know a prog that will strip all remnants of ATI from ur system for XP?

OP
G

grey186

Registered
I did. Before I reinstalled I had all the latest and greatest updates that Micropoop had to offer. After I reformatted I tried the drivers, when that didn't work I did all the prerequisite updates and tried again...same prob :beer: