• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati radeon 9600se oc at 455/285mhz is that all?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alanq4

Registered
I've read al 7 pages in this part of forum but didn,t find certain answer.
I've overclocked my ATI 9600SE with Ati tool from orig. 400/200 mhz to 455/285mhz and in 3dmark03 scored 3339 points (orig.3130) so there is a gain :)
Is there anything else i can do, maybe unlock some pipelines or change bios.
From what i've read there is not much more to do.
Please tell me that i'm wrong :D
Overall i'm satisfied with performance because i don't need all details and 1600x1200 in every game, i just want to get the best of this Radeon.

Thanks for answers :santa2:

Dan0512

A 128 bit bus might be hiding there somewhere...... Download Ati tool and see if the bus is set now at 64bit or 128bit....

The usual memory on 64bit 9600ses clocks up to like 230 Mhz (probably 5 ns crap),,, but you might have 3.3 or 3.6 ns chips, since it clocks up so high, so there might be a 128 bit bus hiding there somewhere.

If it is 64bit, and you opened a 128 bit bus, you'd see a huge performance increase...

I still love my 9600xt.... though it's on sale right now...

dan

OP
A

Alanq4

Registered
It's already 128 bit (so says ati tool)
About that volt mod, would i be able to oc even more then.
I have an 80mm fan under the card that is forcing the air into the litle vent and on the memory so it's relatively cold.
Is' there a guide for volt modding my radeon 9600, a link maybe :D
And i've heard that some of the cards have temp. sensor, how do i found out if my has?
Thanks for help, it realy is the best overclockers forum. :attn:

Dan0512

Alanq4 said:
It's already 128 bit (so says ati tool)
About that volt mod, would i be able to oc even more then.
I have an 80mm fan under the card that is forcing the air into the litle vent and on the memory so it's relatively cold.
Is' there a guide for volt modding my radeon 9600, a link maybe :D
And i've heard that some of the cards have temp. sensor, how do i found out if my has?
Thanks for help, it realy is the best overclockers forum. :attn:

Are you sure you looked under the memory bus and not under the core section? Just to make sure ;)....

I remember seeing a voltmod guide for 9600's on Adrian'srojakpot..... not sure if your PCB is the same as the one they had...

To see if you have a temp sensor, you could dl rivatuner and go to hardware monitoring..... though I doubt your card has such a sensor..

How's your heatsink looking?

And you are right about this being the coolest forum :beer:

dan

OP
A

Alanq4

Registered
128bit here is the picture, maybe it's not an 9600se on the box it just saids 9600 and nothing else. Manufacturer is ATI CLUB.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 197

maxxpehling

I don't think thats a SE, I think you have to do some serious work to unlock the 128 bit, besides I believe that the 9600 SE is 325/200, thats what mine is anyways, I could be wrong though I spose