• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 9600xt Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxpehling

Hello, I don't think I really super need this but I figured what the heck. I have a ATI Radeon 9600xt, not saphire or anything, it has the default cooler on it atm. will this cooler give me a noticable temerature drop?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110102

Thanks for any help in advance! by the way, its 10:26 PST and I'd kind of like to know by 11:30 so I can order it tonight, sorry for posting so late.

Maxx

RangerXLT8

maxxpehling said:
Hello, I don't think I really super need this but I figured what the heck. I have a ATI Radeon 9600xt, not saphire or anything, it has the default cooler on it atm. will this cooler give me a noticable temerature drop?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110102

Thanks for any help in advance! by the way, its 10:26 PST and I'd kind of like to know by 11:30 so I can order it tonight, sorry for posting so late.

Maxx

Don't buy that, it's not going to make any diff in temps.. Buy the Arctic Silencer 2 or Zalman VF700

OP
M

maxxpehling

alright, I'll just have to wait I spose. I only have like 20$ to pay for the coole rand shipping so I wont even worry about it. thanks :)

tritoch

Registered
Dan0512 said:
Get the Arctic Silencer 2, cools the GPU and RAMchips very well... you don't need anymore than that.

dan

Will these easily fit onto a x800 gto2?

Tyreal

get an AC silencer 2 or a AC VGA silencer which is a monster btw.

the Zalman VF-700cu or AlCu is very good. IMO, better than all the AC designs.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can try and custom mount an old stock heatsink. If you go to the vidoe and sound section there should be a sticky there for modded videocards.

hibner

The ATI Silencer 2 is on sale at SVC for $9.99. I got one on my 9600XT. I got about a 10c drop in temps and I can't even hear the fan. Just be warned it does take up an extra PCI slot and it is about and inch or two longer than your video card.