• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Remote Wonder II help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
So I have two remotes, but this is the first time I had 2 htpc's to use them on. So I noticed that the remote upstairs will actually control the htpc downstairs.

Does anyone know if you can change the frequency or to fix this issue

OP
Stratus_ss

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
No the manual says that there are 16 channel id's but it doesnt say how to change them. I have googled and googled with no luck. I have found how to change them for the original remote wonder, but in the guide it says explicitly that it only works for that version (I tried it anyways with no luck)

You have to love el-cheapo manuals, this thing is like 16 dinky pages (with 6 of them being legal disclaimers) that make reference to what you want to do, but not actually tell you how to do it.

They use a bit mask to represent channel id
0x0001
0x0002
0x0004

and so on. With the original remote you hold down the "hand" button until it stops flashing, then enter your channel id, then change the bit mask on the computer

so hold the "hand"
once it stops press something like 03. Then on the computer change the associated bitmask to 0x0004

I tried this to no avail. If there was a way to actually intentionally interfere with the signals between the rooms I would consider doing that

J0llyR0ger

I just cut off the wire antennas on the receivers. They are plenty sensitive for in the room without them. This attenuates the received signal enough for using differenit remotes in multiple rooms.