• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi Series etc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scragg

Help. As I normally use nVidia's as my GFX card, I never really have bothered with a ATi until now. I bought a new motherboard after my old one blow up and i had to replace it. My new motherboard came with a, what i was told, decent on-board graphics card so i assumed i could get away with this card until Christmas.

I tried to play CoD2 and witnessed huge amounts of lagg and same with all other games. I've tried uninstalling all my old drivers and installing the new and still no difference. Using same connection and bigger PSU. Is my problem my graphics card or something else?

GFX Card spec:

You Have: ATI Radeon X1200 Series (0x791E)

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 700.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 2.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 2.0

Badbonji

That graphics is very weak, even newer integrated gpu's struggle on every game. Turn settings to the lowest possible to see if that helps : \

mxthunder

Yea, that was the low end of the X series of cards. Upgrading to a decent 3 series or 4 series card would be a HUGE improvement. What type of slots does the motherboard have for expansion?