• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"ATI Technologies Readies New R430, RV410 Graphics Chips"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
Th0r

Th0r

Well since ATi didn't comment on it, they must be up to something?...

Edit: Just thinking, with all the stuff about PS3.0 etc, do you think they are releasing these cards to compete more with Nvidia?...

Steven4563

Th0r said:
Well since ATi didn't comment on it, they must be up to something?...

Edit: Just thinking, with all the stuff about PS3.0 etc, do you think they are releasing these cards to compete more with Nvidia?...

no i dont think that because from what reviews ive seen the X800pro is around the same speed as a 6800ultra

but anyway they most likely just the same as the 0.13 micron just using 0.11 and PCI-E and thats all the difference

OP
Th0r

Th0r

Steven4563 said:
no i dont think that because from what reviews ive seen the X800pro is around the same speed as a 6800ultra

but anyway they most likely just the same as the 0.13 micron just using 0.11 and PCI-E and thats all the difference

But wait, ATi have already got there series of cards ready for the PCI-E.. these are 2 new series.. 1 aimed at high end, and the other at a budget level, plus the 0.11 micron will increase overclockers may it not?...

Gregory_WE

Steven4563 said:

The 6800 GT outperforms the X800 Pro in the majority of tests, so that statement holds no truth.

My guess is that they might be replaying the R350/R360 with R420/R430, so we'd be getting a 9800 XT type deal.

OP
Th0r

Th0r

Possible, but i think ATi have tested there cards against Nvidia and see what they are up against this time round.. if PS3.0 comes into the equation, then things will get exciting for people who have been buzzing over PS3.0..

blinkdev

Registered
Th0r said:
Possible, but i think ATi have tested there cards against Nvidia and see what they are up against this time round.. if PS3.0 comes into the equation, then things will get exciting for people who have been buzzing over PS3.0..
I agree people are buying the 6800GT based on that.