• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Tool artifact only with FurMark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberfish

Has anyone seen this before?

I have a 9600 GT @ 820/1110 (stock 650/900) and it was ati tools "find artifact"-stable for 8 hours. But Crysis made my computer bluescreen a few times, and I wasn't sure if it's the OC or Crysis, so, just for fun, I tried running FurMark AT THE SAME TIME as ATI Tools, surprisingly it worked (slowed my computer down to a crawl), and ATI Tools detected an artifact after about 15 minutes.

First thing I suspected was temperature, since FurMark makes my card a lot hotter than ATI Tools alone can (60C vs 45C), but 60C (after a few hours of FurMark's "Xtreme Burning Mode" with or without 16x AA) should be fine, too.

So perhaps ATI Tools alone is not sufficient.

BTW I am using the Accelero L2 cooler. Really nice, and cheap.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=627662

OP
C

cyberfish

It actually ran quite fine, at 1280x1024, all "gamer". Didn't look at the fps counter, but at least ~30 fps (no noticeable lag).

OP
C

cyberfish

Turned it down to 810/1110. ATI Tool + FurMark + Orthos blend (just to heat things up even more, and stress the northbridge) 10 hours stable :).