• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI trade up program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pdano

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here has used the trade up program that ATI offers online. I was thinking about doing so, but I just wanted some input from anyone who has done so. Did they give you good value on your old vid card? was it cheaper than buying at a store and selling your old card?

Thanks

Monaco

I did plenty of research on it....

Basically, it's a waste of money, AND you lose a video card.

What you do is buy the card at a cheap price, and they add onto that price the smount of your refund for sending em a card. So if you buy a $100 card, and send a card worth $50, you end up paying $150. Once they get the card you send em, they will credit you the $50 back, so the new card cost only $100.

Problem is, once you factor in the outrageous shipping charges, it's cheaper just to buy the card at Newegg or something. Plus, you won't have to lose a video card. OR, you can sell that old card and put the $$ towards the new one, saving even more.