• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI video wc block covering gpu and RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsspewer

like most other people in this cooling section, i'm looking for a cooling part. This one in particular that i'm looking for is an ATI watercooling block that covers both the GPU and the RAM chips. Preferrably front and back, but i know that's highly doubtable. Know of any?

Last edited:
OP
bsspewer

bsspewer

yup..followed both links. The first one from gemini states that it's for Nvidia cards, but i have an ATI..plus i didn't see where to buy it. The second link from highspeedpc is nice, but like bamboozler said, 100 is too much to pay.

Who was it that makes custom blocks here?

Korndog

i lot of people make custom blocks on this forum
problem is that this is a big block and requires a lot of effort, it will probably cost moreto have it custom made..
a lot of people have tried water cooling there ram and even peltier cooling their ram, but it does little to none preformance wise...

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
Those inovatek blocks only cool one side, and appear to be all aluminum, ish.

Jon

sandman001

Just Freeze It
It's very hard to do, as the GPU and ram chips are all at different heights, and then if you add in that RAm chips don't need watercooled, it becomes a pointless war.

BladeRunner

Yoda of Silent cooling
Making a GPU & Ram cooler that contacts chips at different heights, while cooling both sides is very difficult, as sandman001 says, even more so without access to production quality cnc / vmc equipment.

It's unfinished atm, but I've almost succeeded to do that for FX 5900 Ultra

I previously made 9800 Pro cooler that was two piece, (well technically three piece but the ram block bolted together on the card to become one).

I don't however subscribe to the pointlessness of water-cooling card ram that runs very hot. Even the DDR on the 9700 Pro I had was able to run an early poor ram sample card fine at 400mhz, (800 DDR), with volt mods and no heat issues. DDR 2 ram chips tend to get far hotter.......

computerpro3

hey, bladerunner, do you sell the memory coolers and if so, for how much? also, will it fit with the maze 4 gpu? thanks.

BladeRunner

Yoda of Silent cooling
sandman001

Yeah was a real *****, but still enjoyable in a way too :p the worst part being the accuracy in level milling that was required, along with the tedious repetitive surfacing required. The FX cooler was more to try a concept idea, and every cooler I make adds to the learning process for me. Although it's pretty much impossible to reproduce on a manual mill, from a practical point of view at least, its something a CNC / VMC could do pretty easily I think.

computerpro3

I'm working towards reproducing my coolers, or similar designs, but as I'm moving house it's not something I can do at the moment unfortunately ....... to avoid me "threadcrapping" this topic any more, there are a few details about my plans in this thread HERE

OP
bsspewer

bsspewer

BladeRunner said:
computerpro3

I'm working towards reproducing my coolers, or similar designs, but as I'm moving house it's not something I can do at the moment unfortunately ....... to avoid me "threadcrapping" this topic any more, there are a few details about my plans in this thread HERE

naw..don't worry about threadcrapping. You're still talking along the same lines of what this thread is about.

The only reason i wanted to watercool my RAM is to see if i could get it to go any higher. I have a softmodded 9500 card that i'm able to get up to 390/320 without any problems. It runs at around 52C so it's not quite cool. I probably will just get some RAM sinks to glue on the RAM chips and then put a TC4 on the core.. I was just wondering if there was a block for sale (in one or multiple pieces) that i could use for this card and future ones..