• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ati9600pro overclocking~~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flyhigh

I am now using ati r9600pro. Who can tell me how much i can overclock it? Default is 400/600m..

If i overclock it, shall i pay attention to the overheating? :cool: :cool:

Top Hat Theater

I wouldn't worry too much about heat unless you're doing voltage mods. If you want to, you can upgrade the stock HSF and add RAMsinks but again, short of voltage mods, I wouldn't bother. Sorry, couldn't tell you how high your card could go...give it a whirl and find out.

~THT

OP
F

flyhigh

I am using the RivaTuner. When i set it to 480/722m, it could not pass the test.

Are the HSF and RAMheatsinks expensive?

Yuriman

Sometimes the card just wont go that high. Ramsinks are rediculously expensive, you will pay $30 for a set of them. its easier just to hack up an old heatsink you have sitting around teh house. As for gpu cooling, the 9600 makes very little heat. I would suggest maybe buying a 1u copper sink and drilling 2 holes in it, and mounting it on your card. Thats about as good as it gets.

For overclocking, I would recomend leaving the core at default, and taking the ram as high as it can go before it becomes unstable. Then overclock the core.

On a side note, some people get a higher overclock using radclocker than rivatuner. Google it if you want it, or go to www.omegacorner.com . They have modified catalyst drivers that include it.

Overclocker550

"Ramsinks are rediculously expensive, you will pay $30 for a set of them. its easier just to hack up an old heatsink you have sitting around teh house."

I am gonna use the best ramsinks for my godly ti4200 as I want maximum ram oc. cheap ramsinks wont get me far and once there on its permaent

Yuriman

Not realy, mix the epoxy with about 1/3 of the total being ceramique, and they come right off. Besides, I seriously doubt you will see a dif between "professional $30 ramsinks" and a hacked up socket 7 heatsink. I certainly dont. The secret is case airflow.