• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attention: Diablo ]|[ Rumors!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

the intro looks pretty offical to me, whatever thats worth

That really means nothing. Just a guy with flash skills.

Anyways blizzard is 100% percent focused on getting World Of Warcraft out right now and i HIGHLY doubt there even thinking about another diablo game right now. Especially since there Blizzard North Offices lost there president (Blizz North did the diablo games)

HaTE

ya i just dont see blizzard starting a new game till SCG or Wow is done and if they have started a new game i would think it would be SC2 or something other then D3.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
Blizzard has hired employees from Macromedia who design the graphics and effects for the scroll of dreamweaver (making other players drunk) and the scroll of freehand (removes paralysis-spells).

please dont tell me you believe any of this

Koopa_Fett

As much of a fan of the two Diablo games I am, I doubt this is true. There's more work to be done on WoW and SC before another Diablo games comes out IF it's to ever come out or be planned.

DayUSeX

if you look at the rumors section its pretty apparent all of that is just a joke. like the site, like diablo III, please God not another one. First one and two were good games, but a third comon, talk about beating a dead horse.

Illah

I work in the PC game industry and for you to think Blizzard would not be thinking of or planning a Diablo 3 is just retarded...no offense :)

Just like any other business it's all about the greens, and next to Warcraft the Diablo series is their biggest cash cow by far. They'll make another. If id made Doom 3, you can bet on a Diablo 3.

--Illah

Sharkman

My thoughts are this is a nice hoax but it is still a hoax. No where on the site is the Blizzard logo. He is asking too much information for you to send E-mail and have it go to the websites E-mail box. Nice way to get someone’s personal info. I would highly advise against sending any E-mail messages to that site using their form. It has I'm going to sell your info to anyone I can written all over it. On the intro page that spinning diagram with the country flags just looks hokey. It's nothing Blizzard would ever do like that. Blizzard is more than likely brainstorming for D3 right now, but WoW is taking all their time. After WoW comes out you can believe they will be working on D3 or even better would be StarCraft 2 ;)

Koopa_Fett

Perre said:
Didn't even the Diablo team quit blizzard? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Bill Roper and his group did; they were pretty much the main guys. I'm guessing someone replaced them though.

Lazlo Panaflex

Illah said:
I work in the PC game industry and for you to think Blizzard would not be thinking of or planning a Diablo 3 is just retarded...no offense :)

Just like any other business it's all about the greens, and next to Warcraft the Diablo series is their biggest cash cow by far. They'll make another. If id made Doom 3, you can bet on a Diablo 3.

--Illah

Im not saying they wont make another Diablo, just saying at the time im sure they have no plans to start one. Blizzard is not a BIG company, Their offices are right by my house and it is a small building. World of Warcraft just seems like a big enough task as it is, and then there also making starcraft ghost, so them starting another diablo this second sounds a little far fetched.

NewbiePerson

the only bad thing about blizzard games is you can play for over a year while the whole time you are saying ok today will definately be the last day! Yup i'll quit just after obliterating this guys base.... but it's so much fun.... how about footmen wars.
The only negative thing is the graphics card (if you have a gf4ti or higher)you spent all your hard earned money is just sitting their playing a game of poker waiting for you to make a move. A 3rd person shooter type game of warcraft 3 would be awesome. They could make it like a combination of Prince of Persia and Call of Duty. The graphics, and fighting style of prince and the intensity and player cooperation of call of duty. That would be perfect....

Robrules18

I WANT SC2!!! SC was my FAV game ever and it was the reason i boght WC3 which fell short of SC. I think Blizzard should do SC2 and then start a new series, i think an adventure-eque game like zelda woul;d be good, since we have 2 RTS and an MMORPG not to mention a FPS on the way. A futuristic adventure game since they have to medivel style games, serieses.

DayUSeX

yeah SC definatyly neds a sequel, but blizzard really does need a new series, but it will be difficult with alot of those core members gone