• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 digital problem solved!!!!!!!!!! i think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

After emailing them about 1000 times look at what they told me to get.....

You would need a mono minijack to RCA adapter cable to go between the
two. This will give you two channels when playing non-5.1 encoded
files
(front speakers), and all speakers when playing AC3/5.1 encoded files.

For faster service please reply with previous correspondences when
replying to this email.

Best Regards

whoooooo sorry im happy because it took me forever to get this answer...

now i have a question for everyone..... how can a mono jack giver stereo sound and 5.1 sound? doesn't mono mean one channel?

lucidnight

Registered
if it's digital doesn't that mean , the signal is transfered a different way.....so would it still be one channel if it's digital?

I have something like what their talking about on my computer...so it does work, but it came with a set of speaks so i can't tell you were to get it form. I watch moves in dts, dolby digatal, and play eax games...all works fine.

stoopid

PITA
Their email and lucidnight are correct, that's all a digital coax cable is ;).

It will play all digital music from your PC, stereo and DTS and dolby.

stoopid

PITA
stan03 said:
YAYYYYYY finally.... so uhhh where can i get one?

Radio shack.

Need a male mono 1/8" jack to a single male RCA (that's all you need to tell them). Make sure it's at least 6' long.

OP
stan03

stan03

6 feet long? why is that.... i thought it was just a little tiny plug that changes the small jack to the bigger one (like my descriptive way of describing them? :D)

stoopid

PITA
Need enough to go from your audigy/sound card to the speakers or whatever need the digital signal (stereo receiver?).

I haven't read your original post/problem, so I really don't have a complete picture of what you're using the digital coax for, but there are only a few options available.

OP
stan03

stan03

there was a thread about how you couldn't connect the Z 680s to the Audigy 2 digitally.

OP
stan03

stan03

i think its too old and got deleted maybe? i cant find it :(.

lucidnight

Registered
well, it is quite possiable to connect them, because as i stated i have mine connected...and if it didn't work, i wouldn't be able to get my DTS or Dolby 5.1 sound translated by the "control pod" but i do....

Their are cables that can connect them at www.monstercable.com

I don't use those, but they are similar (and quite a bit better) than what i use.

OP
stan03

stan03

can you provide a better link? i think my sound quality is not very good due to the use of analog inputs