• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

audigy 2 plat to zs series upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airbornederekc

ok heres my question i have an audigy 2 platinum with the i/o drive

i think i killed the card so if i upgrade tot he audigy 2 zs gamer card can i just hook the i/o drive up to the newer card or is there an incompatibility issue?

micamica1217

Airbornederekc said:
ok heres my question i have an audigy 2 platinum with the i/o drive

i think i killed the card so if i upgrade tot he audigy 2 zs gamer card can i just hook the i/o drive up to the newer card or is there an incompatibility issue?

should work, yet check newegg's pics to make sure they didn't change the connections.

you will need to update to newer drivers, that's for sure.

mica

OP
Airbornederekc

Airbornederekc

umm just jot off the phone with creative and they said that the drive will not work. the drive is card specific. aint that a bunch of bull now i gotta go spend 200 bucks on a new card

JCLW

Can you post a high res picture of your Audigy 2 card? In particular the pins where the live drive plugs in?

Ad Rock

Airbornederekc said:
umm just jot off the phone with creative and they said that the drive will not work. the drive is card specific. aint that a bunch of bull now i gotta go spend 200 bucks on a new card

This is just the distrusting consumer in me but I dounbt that the drive is card specific. Unless they changed the connector which I doubt I dont see why it wouldnt still work. It would be really expensive to make serperate external drives for each card when they didnt change them. Then again I could be totally wrong.

JCLW

They changed it between the Audigy 1 and Audigy 2, to stop third party manufacturers from making cheaper add-on stuff :( I'm not sure if the A2 is different then the A2 ZS. Somehow I doubt it, but if I could see the pinout I might be able to tell.