• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy Platinum eX problem on 8KHA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iron Hawk

Last night at 11:00 i booted up my computer and noticed that my right speaker, and right surround speaker were not working, I plugged my headphones into my external Audigy Drive, and the right speaker wasnt working, I played around with all of the settings, and could not get them to work. I figured that i should reinstall the sound card. so i did. then when i rebooted my computer, about 2 seconds before the WinXP logon screen would have poped up the computer restarted. I could load into windows under safe mode, but it would always restart istself if i tried to load windows normaly.

It was late so i decided id have better luck in the morning, so i went to bed. The next morning I ran into the same problem, so I decided to move the sound card to a different PCI slot. IT WORKED!

So its not the sound card it must be the slot on my Motherboard (EPoX 8KHA+).

Have any of you had experiances like this?

that's pretty weird., never heard of that before. I have some old school sound card in the bottom pci slot on my 8kha+.

Back