• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy problamos muchos!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I just updated W2k last night, restarted the computer and went to bed.

I woke up and the computer was still on the windows is loading screen. My wife said see smelled something like burning electronics (what is it Ozone smell?). Anyway, by the time I get to it no smell. I try rebooting and it freezes in the same spot.

I had to go back to the last good configuration. It booted right up, but it says my Audigy isn't installed properly. I reinstalled the drivers and there is no conflict in Device Manager, but no sound and I get the error message everytime I boot.

Any clues what might be wrong? Did the Audigy burn out?

Anyone know what the warrenty on the Audigy 1394 OEM is? I got it about 3 months ago at Newegg.

Thanks.

funnyperson1

take the card out and search for scorch marks, good luck...only thing ive seen survive that electric burning smell is the AC adapter for my ghetto Thinkpad, and thats on its way out lol

Darkseid

excuse me but you mean "muchos problemas???"
si si, español es mi lengua nativa :D
by the way i don´t have an audigy and actually never seen one so language is the only thing that i can help you right now, sorry

OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

lol, no hablo espanol.

Well, its wasn't the card that blew, it was the Sony receiver I had it hooked up to. No big loss, it was just collecting dust in my garage before I set it up with my rig. I got a set of Creative Inspire 5.1s to use so I don't need the reciever for good sound.

I'll post how it sounds once I've got it up and running.

Last edited:
OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

So, I got the Game Theater XP 6.1 all setup with the lates drivers and got all the included programs to work (with a bit of work).

First of all, the creative inspire speakers center/sub input need to be hooked up via the RCA jacks since there is no center/sub (yellow) 1/8 jack. There was definitly degradation in sound quality and volume out of the center/sub speakers.

Seondly, the sound quality out o the Game Theater was fantastic. Very crisp and very sharp. It beat the Audigy's sound quality hands down. Although, the Audigy's sound effects abosolutly blew away the Game Theater.

Last but not least, (infact it was the deciding factor for me) the Game Theater caused game lag in UT2k3 when the sound was set to EAX from hardware. The Audigy didn't even hickup in this situation.

Oh yeah, I can't forget the coolest thing about the Game Theater...the rack unit! The rack has the coolest features, like optical and coaxial digital inputs, head phone and micro phone front inputs with volume ontrol, front USB and game port, RCA jaks, MIDI ports, Audio in ports. All for the price of an Audigy 2 with nothing but the manual (and heaper then the Audigy 1 gamer, MP3 etc..). Did I mention the Game Theater has a built in Dolby Digital and an MP3 decoder (hardware). Its one hell of a package. Unfortunatly, since my receiver burnt out I won't use any of them.

I never did find a control panel for EAX for the Game Theater, but I looked pretty hard and am pretty sure it didn't come with one. If it did, I might beable to get sound effects similar to the Audigy. Also, keep in mind the speakers are Creative and probably optimized for Audigy.

So...the Audigy wins this one (keep in mind the Audigy is free since I have it and the GTXP is $100), but if the next Game Theater has a bit more horse power for EAX applications I will get it in a flash. 6.1 sound (soon to be 7.1), the sound quality, the rack unit all for $100 makes the GTXP an unbeatable deal.

ps the volume for my Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe remote wouldn't work with the GTXP, which, for me, sucked since I use it a lot.

SpyderMatrix

the oem warranty btw is 30 days and also that audigy vs GTXP is not good as i really dont agree as the audigy is the best big time i do music creation in Acid pro and i used to use the GTXP and my music was always jerky and background noice creeped up but once i got the audigy oem dang i was in heaven and also the effects you get with audigy are only for them there is not a single one for the GTXP and be warey the next generation of audigys are coming soon i see them

OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

I've never gotten into music creation, so I didn't try it with the cards.

I can say that an OEM Audigy /1394 and a set of Creative Inspire 5.1s really kicks butt tho. It sounds terrific.

Although, I did think the GTXP had a clearer, crisper sound as well as the rak unit for about half the price of the Audigy with the 5 1/2 bay control plate.

Its too bad I don't have an Audigy 2 to test...hint hint Creative...want a good review send an Audigy 2 Plat. to OC Noob's house:)

Darkseid

OC Noob said:
lol, no hablo espanol.

Well, its wasn't the card that blew, it was the Sony receiver I had it hooked up to. No big loss, it was just collecting dust in my garage before I set it up with my rig. I got a set of Creative Inspire 5.1s to use so I don't need the reciever for good sound.

I'll post how it sounds once I've got it up and running.

well i don´t speak english so, let´s call it fair shall we??
wait a minute, i´m speaking english!!! lol, i never stop amazing myself the things that i can do with some beer :beer: :eek:

by the way if you need the "ñ" for español is alt+164