• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio device on high definition audio bus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JamOnIt

Registered
I just reinstalled xp pro and tried to get my ATI HD audio driver to work with my HD Monitor through a HDMI cable, each time I start windows I get a found new hardware message. In device manager (other devices) shows a yellow ! and It says, (Audio device on high definition audio bus)

I have a Radeon 4830, I had the audio driver working before I reinstalld xp.
I followed all the instructions from the ATI website, I installed .Net Framework 2.0 and Direct X 9.0 but still the audio driver is not installed.

Any ideas?

OP
J

JamOnIt

Registered
Thes was no option for the audio driver, just the display driver.
The last time I installed it the same way and the audio driver worked.

SeanBest

Which CAT drivers are you using? If you select Custom installation you see the option to enable and disable the audio drivers. I would suggest uninstalling your drivers, safe mode, cc cleaner, then reinstall and do it custom to make sure the audio driver installs.

OP
J

JamOnIt

Registered
I just installed the audio driver from the CD that came with the card. I had forgotton about it because I wanted the latest driver from the ATI website.

So, the HD audio is working now but, I still get the new hardware found message at startup.
Hmmm...

OP
J

JamOnIt

Registered
Could be,
I rebooted and the found new hardware message came up, this time I put the driver cd that came with this card in again. It searched, but did not find a driver.
Also I checked a box, (Never ask me to install this hardware again).
Rebooted and the found new hardware message is now gone,
Although the (Audio device on high definition audio bus)
is still stated in device manager.

SeanBest

It will still show up there unless you disable it (still might show up honestly not sure). If you got the HDMI audio working I would say you got it working ...