• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto fan controllers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

Originally I was going to make this an auto fan+pump controller, But after considering the possibilty of added failure in any additional system, and the catastrophy that would result from a failed pump, I realized it would probably just be more effective to turn off my computer ><

So that leaves it just to auto fan controllers. I guess my desire to be lazy and constantly have more "cool stuff" drives me to this under the guise of increased noise reduction and energy usage reduction. Question being, are there any -good- auto fan controllers on the market. I read some things about the Thermaltake Hardcano 13 but couldn't find any correlating reports or anything consistant on forums.

Opinions/suggestions? Should I even be wasting my time with something auto rather than just going manual+temp monitor?

nd4spdbh2

Originally I was going to make this an auto fan+pump controller, But after considering the possibilty of added failure in any additional system, and the catastrophy that would result from a failed pump, I realized it would probably just be more effective to turn off my computer ><

So that leaves it just to auto fan controllers. I guess my desire to be lazy and constantly have more "cool stuff" drives me to this under the guise of increased noise reduction and energy usage reduction. Question being, are there any -good- auto fan controllers on the market. I read some things about the Thermaltake Hardcano 13 but couldn't find any correlating reports or anything consistant on forums.

Opinions/suggestions? Should I even be wasting my time with something auto rather than just going manual+temp monitor?

first off i must say, stay away from TT, IMO they make horrible quality junk.

that being said, some of the best auto fan controler i have found is actually Speedfan... its a program that u run within windows and you power you fans through your motherboard. and its FREE.

But if you really want a fan controler, Sunbeam Rheobus for 12.95 from jabtech is the way to go

http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2530

OP
N

Ninth

Oh, heh, I already had just a straight fan controller picked out if I was going to use one, and that was it. As for programs from the computer itself, I've learned the hard way not to trust the sensors... Is it really that reliable?