• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

auto reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genjix

strange problem that ive been ignoring because I got used to it, but it inturrupted my download so now im mad. My problem is, the computer will randomly reboot. usually when the computer is idle overnight. There was a time that it rebooted automatically very frequently, then I took out my video card and reinstalled the driver and it helped it, until one month later it started happening again but much less frequent. any ideas? i have an ati 9500. my video is not overclocked and even when my processor is back to default speed it still will reboot.

OP
G

Genjix

i have an antec 300w power supply. Where would I find older drivers? I assumed the drivers on ati site would be updated drivers therefor better because it fixed previous bugs.

PAWO

My PC used to restart at random like that from a power supply problem (was too weak), once I put in my 350w Enermax it can essentially go forever without a single problem. It could also be a driver conflict or some other similar cause, I've seen that before as well.

wanna_b_rich_13

You can get system restarts from memory and virsuses will do that too.

I had one that turned my PC on when it was off! I was laying at bed at night when it did it. I walked over to the PC and uplugged it so it wouldn't happen again. I laid there for a few minutes thinking that if it some how turns on again with the plug laying next to it Im going to scream like a little girl and sleep in the basement.....