• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Cache and Memory Competition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:shrug: taco don't understand what Sir Scott is referring to?

Just set a limit on the processor technology > or equal to 65NM So that means we can't use your laptop submission. Just want to keep it old-school and vintage if you know what I mean.

I think we will set another ground rule for no laptops going forward, this should really be a desktop only comp.

Mackerel gets to keep his subs in the running for now because he didn't know. But I may go back and use only the slowest rig if the leaderboard starts to get crowded.

Thanks for the interest so far guys...

Oh ok, no worries, ignore the laptop submission then :cheers: it's 32km though, so its far from vintage, just pretty slow is all.

This is so cool, I'm feeling pretty competitive, right behind Womack® in the bandwidth section!!

Last edited:
Even if rules are dynamic as we progress, we should be consistent so if necessary remove the non-compliant entries.

ram-bdie.PNG

Ok, I moved the B-die into the Z370 system again. I went for a quick and dirty bandwidth setting and didn't do secondary/tertiary adjustments so latency still isn't as good as it could be. Still, compare this to my sub in post 35. Same ram, different CPU/mobo/settings. Although the Z370 is running the ram slower, there are slightly tighter primary timings. Overall latency is much better, and there is even a little more measured bandwidth.

Even if rules are dynamic as we progress, we should be consistent so if necessary remove the non-compliant entries.
They keep changing... this is a moving target.

OP - what is the point here, now? Seemed like a competition at first... then a thread to record bandwidth and latency....then it's ok to use trial versions which doesn't give all data.... now limited on what hardware can be used??? Quite confused here. :(

Not sure what the rules are in this comp but I've been trying to get my memory overclock back a little bit:
[email protected] / MSI Gaming 7 ACK / 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200@3733 17/17/17/36 2N / Intel Dual Channel
DDR4 3733 17 17 17 36.PNG

Last edited:
They keep changing... this is a moving target.

OP - what is the point here, now? Seemed like a competition at first... then a thread to record bandwidth and latency....then it's ok to use trial versions which doesn't give all data.... now limited on what hardware can be used??? Quite confused here. :(

The competition is evolving. We are just adding rules to help fill the spirit of the comp with good data. If you noticed, Ultra-Taco did in fact use the full version. Just reference the original post for accurate competition information. I just didn't realize we were going to get a ton of laptop entries so I put a rule in place... that's all, the rest should be fairly self explanatory.

Not sure what the rules are in this comp

Just reference the very first post … and thanks for your submission.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Curious why laptops aren't allowed to participate? Memory is memory right?
I just wanted more vintage and older tech and I'm encouraging that. That's why I put a limit on processor tech in the red lantern division to anything >= 65 nm.

Last edited:
I see no reason why laptops can't be allowed. Just add an info that you go for max bandwidth or something so it won't be counted in "slow" category. It should be actually added to each screenshot so it won't be confusing anyone if you go for latency, bandwidth or something else.

That's impressive. Going to have to spin up my E8600 rig and see if I can put up a good number to match!

Still an on going work in progress. :)

The old 775 platform with DDR3 is challenging to run at higher memory speeds that progressed with later gen i7 series cpu which have an IMC.

Here is my current baseline "stable" OC and a benchmark pushed up to DDR3-1866C7:

Current 8600 baseline OC stable.PNG 8600 ddr3-1866c7 3rd.PNG

The competition is evolving. We are just adding rules to help fill the spirit of the comp with good data. If you noticed, Ultra-Taco did in fact use the full version. Just reference the original post for accurate competition information. I just didn't realize we were going to get a ton of laptop entries so I put a rule in place... that's all, the rest should be fairly self explanatory.
That's just it... I dont know what the spirit is.. :p

I mentioned the trial version as you said it was ok to use...im just wondering how you get the data needed with the trial version? Or how that would be ranked...I think there was something mentioned about averaging R/W/C?

What is a combativity award exactly?

Who is leading cpu oc? Fsb/bclk?

Thanks for the clarity for those like me who may be overly dense on the scope here. :)

Last edited:
That's just it... I dont know what the spirit is.. :p

I mentioned the trial version as you said it was ok to use...im just wondering how you get the data needed with the trial version? Or how that would be ranked...I think there was something mentioned about averaging R/W/C?

What is a combativity award exactly?

Who is leading cpu oc? Fsb/bclk?

Thanks for the clarity for those like me who may be overly dense on the scope here. :)

-Best to use the full version, if at all possible THANK YOU! If you really must to use trial version some of the data will be missing but we can still get the gist of system performance as it stands.

-Benchmark is just BRAND NEW ie just starting out and we are building it as we go, no mystery here. Let's let the results of the competition namely the competition leaderboards do the talking, instead of mucking up the waters just have a little faith that we will get everything worked out.

-Combativity award is given to a member who does exceedingly well in response to another submission or posts up a good number or number(s), and is rewarded, again, this is fluid, and another leader may arise later in the comp

-Combination classification is run a bit like a points competition... a member who does exceedingly well in multiple categories across multiple leaderboards.

-After we get a few more applicants I will start tabulating the CPU OC, again this is still a work in progress and I guess you have to find the strength to accept that... Might just focus more on FSB OC versus CPU OC since this is a inherently a memory comp.

-We are at the beginning, just let it run and enjoy the competition! Post up another number son! I think PolRoger get's it. Might want to talk to him if you are still out of touch.

AND AGAIN: Reference the initial post for daily leaderboard updates and basic ground rules.

Last edited:
@ storm-chaser

Took out the E8600 and installed a QX6850 and my previous baseline OC motherboard settings are also working nicely for the quad. :thup:

QX6850 @ 1800C7:
QX6850 ~3.6GHz DDR3-1800C7 aida bench.PNG QX6850 ~3.6GHz DDR3-1800C7 CPUID.PNG

Now I can work on raising the multi... ;)

Back