• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Av7333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

Av7333 Overclocking Woes

Hello, Im new here and find these forums one of the most informative out there. Anyway, my question is, I have an AV7333 with an Athlon t-bird 1000mhz. I am running it at 7.5x161. I have kingston pc2700 256mb ram. My Cpu core is 1.85. I know my cpu will not overclock more than 1207mhz but i am wondering why even if i lower my multiplier to 7.0 and raise my FSB to 171 which gives me 1197 for my cpu my computer doesnt even post. I realize the PCI is bus is raised a few mhz but i ran the pci bus overclocked up to 38mhz at a lower front side bus with no problems. Thanks for any help. Oh, my temps are stable also, 38 idle and 40-41 load.

Last edited:

Allan Nielsen

Welcome to the forums! :)

I am able to run my A7V333 with up to at least 172 MHz FSB stable.

What stepping is that T-bird? If its an AXIA, it should do at least 1400+ MHz...

What PCI devices do you have?

OP
nymph

nymph

Thanks!
Actually, I never looked to see what stepping it was (I never even knew what that was until I started reading these forums 2 days ago), but I would assume it's not an AXIA if they could go up to 1400mhz. My PCI bus consists of my D-Link NIC and my Radeon 8500LE video (I'm using my onboard sound).

maxima88

Hi. Did you try posting at 7x at default FSB? What I'm trying to say is, are you sure your 7x is working? There really shouldn't be any reason for not posting at 7x since you're cpu speed is slower than 1207 which you know your cpu can do.

OP
nymph

nymph

Yeah, I was able to run stable at 7.0x 167 and then at 7.0x 168 I get some trap error and my post freezes. I don't really understand why though. Anyway, if I have a few bucks left over after x-mas shopping I will get a 1600 (I heave heard they overclock like crazy also) then I'll check what the stepping was on my T-bird. Thanks!

Bon3thugz43v3r

You cant post at a differnet multiplyer unless your comp is unlocked. ALso, the tbirds arent good for overclocking because they heat to fast. I have burned 2 tbirds under a fan rated for an athlon xp 2000+ so I wouldnt recommend going to high.:eh?: