• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average Water Cooling Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XJ40

Have just finished building a water cooling setup and have seen a dramatic improvement in temps over the stock heat sink fan set up. Air cooled idle temp used to be 36-38C with a full load temp that could reach into the mid 50's depending on the overclock. With the water cooling full load temp has never gone above 36C with an idle of 31C. I have noticed that the board/ambient idle temp is always about 8-9C below the cpu temp. They appear to track one another. Has anyone else noticed this? Without peltier action is this a resonable result for watercooling?
System:
P3-700 sl45y cbo 1.65v @ 945
Asus Cusl2
Inno3d Geforce 2 mx hacked to Quadro 2mxr
Promise ultra 66 ide card
8.4gb,20gb Maxtor, 4.3 WD hdd
Linksys 10/100nic
Creative internal 56k modem
Paradise external 56k modem
Aureal A3d soundcard
Plextor 8/4/32a cdrw
Generic 54X cdrom
The usual floppy, mouse, removable hdd rack etc.

Those are near exact to the temps I get for my watercooled P3/geforce circuit, and from what I have read, appropriate for your setup.

Mine, cBo700@933, geforce ddr
Modified OCHideout copper block, alum. vid card block (Waterwetter to slow corrosion between Cu&Al)
Inline pump, 5x12" radiator with 4" 110v fan

Ditto. My watercooling rig dropped the temps 6-8C at idle and 12C under load. Yours sound about right.

Back