• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AWOOGA!!! THE GREAT EVGA ARMY APPROACHES... AWOOGA!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know, I personally thought about jumping ship to the dark side, but then I remembered where I learned to fold. Truth be told I'd rather contribute my measly 10k ppd to T32 for free just because I've learned so much from everyone here, from overclocking my AM2s, to folding single core WUs when I first learned about folding and didn't even know about SMP WUs. They can keep their eVGA bucks, I'll fold for our community!

10,000 PPD is awesome, keep up the good work. And good of you to stay loyal. I probably should not have said anything about folding for EVGA, butt I do like to stir up trouble, just ask Col_Sanders XD

as a side note, i can't wait to see how the new Fermi cores do at folding

Swift subject change bro! :p

10,000 PPD is awesome, keep up the good work. And good of you to stay loyal. I probably should not have said anything about folding for EVGA, butt I do like to stir up trouble, just ask Col_Sanders XD

I won't question you about why you fold for eVGA. If you look at it from a subjective, logical approach, it honestly makes the most sense. I'm just stubborn, and I'm with T32 to the bitter end.

eVGA basically give you discounts/gift certificates to fold for them. eVGA is a hardware vendor. Folders love hardware. eVGA continues to sell hardware to folders, but at the same time, they loose a little bit of money from the discounts, but they gain in folders buying more hardware from them sooner because of the discounts. The good news for me is that now the wife and I are doing pretty good with debt (almost debt-free minus cars and the house), we have a good amount of money available to us. Maybe a few months after I get my M11X so I can game from the couch as opposed to the computer room upstairs, I can convince my wife to let me buy a desktop upgrade, something that can handle the new A3 WUs (thinking AM3 965BE...) and rebuild my old rig in my old case as a dedicated folder. Then we will see some more PPD, maybe enough to start playing with the big-boys (aka- i7s).

Swift subject change bro! :p

I won't question you about why you fold for eVGA. If you look at it from a subjective, logical approach, it honestly makes the most sense. I'm just stubborn, and I'm with T32 to the bitter end.

eVGA basically give you discounts/gift certificates to fold for them. eVGA is a hardware vendor. Folders love hardware. eVGA continues to sell hardware to folders, but at the same time, they loose a little bit of money from the discounts, but they gain in folders buying more hardware from them sooner because of the discounts. The good news for me is that now the wife and I are doing pretty good with debt (almost debt-free minus cars and the house), we have a good amount of money available to us. Maybe a few months after I get my M11X so I can game from the couch as opposed to the computer room upstairs, I can convince my wife to let me buy a desktop upgrade, something that can handle the new A3 WUs (thinking AM3 965BE...) and rebuild my old rig in my old case as a dedicated folder. Then we will see some more PPD, maybe enough to start playing with the big-boys (aka- i7s).

That's awesome you are doing so well with debt that you are thinking of doing upgrades soon, I'd love to get an i7 myself. It'll be awhile though :( Heck, I just wish I was out of debt.

eVGA basically give you discounts/gift certificates to fold for them. eVGA is a hardware vendor. Folders love hardware. eVGA continues to sell hardware to folders, but at the same time, they loose a little bit of money from the discounts, but they gain in folders buying more hardware from them sooner because of the discounts.

It's a win/win situation to me. eVGA gets extra sales in this bad market, folders get better hardware and Stanford gets more science done! Oh, I forgot to mention all that free advertising and good will that eVGA is getting from threads like this in the folding community.

I'll also stick to my modest folding team as the money is not that significant to me and probably not legal in Quebec either. As you can see in my sig, I like eVGA.:)

Last edited:
Back