• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ax7 too heavy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

I've read several reviews about the glaciator being soo heavy, and how it shouldn't be used if you plan to transport your computer, and the AX7 is about the same weight, around 600g.

The ax7 uses all three mounting lugs instead of one like the glaciator, does this make it stable for transport or are you still supposed to take this one off before moving the computer?

thanks

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
of course the 3 mounting lugs are better than only 1, and i don't see thats a reason you have to take off the HS for transport. even if you use the 4 mounting holes, that doesn't mean you can throw your pc into your car from your 2nd stories bedroom, right?:D just be careful and you would be fine:D

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Kato said:
of course the 3 mounting lugs are better than only 1, and i don't see thats a reason you have to take off the HS for transport. even if you use the 4 mounting holes, that doesn't mean you can throw your pc into your car from your 2nd stories bedroom, right?:D just be careful and you would be fine:D

Actually Swiftech did a video with their MC462, which mounts to the four holes on the mobo, with them throwing the full computer off the roof of a 2 story building, 3 or 4 times and the mobo, CPU and HSF were not damaged!

Tecumseh

It shouldn't be a problem. If you transport your PC and
don't want to remove the HSF, just keep your PC on its
side so the HSF is in a vertical orientation. This will minimize
the forces that could lead to separation. Having it
horizontal is like having a weight on the end of a stick.:)