• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXP1600+ Unlocking problems..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ErrorS

tried unlocking and accidently filled the cuts with a conductive glue(i think thats what happened?) cant set ANY multiplier.. set lower then 10.5x and cant post.. higher and it reverts to 10.5x.. even after cleaning with finger nail polish..

i've cleaned it over and over .. i dont think i can fix it this way.. im assuming if i try to reconnect the bridges it wont work since as of now it wont post at lower multipliers..

its a green aroia y 13 .. has the short gaps..

just wondering if there is any other way I can unlock? or set a custom multiplier somehow by cutting/connecting other bridges since i've messed up L1s..

my cpu is doing 166*10.5 right now.. not so bad, but I'd like to run at a higher FSB..

thanks alot

John C.

ErrorS said:
tried unlocking and accidently filled the cuts with a conductive glue(i think thats what happened?) cant set ANY multiplier.. set lower then 10.5x and cant post.. higher and it reverts to 10.5x.. even after cleaning with finger nail polish..

i've cleaned it over and over .. i dont think i can fix it this way.. im assuming if i try to reconnect the bridges it wont work since as of now it wont post at lower multipliers..

You can't change the default 10.5X Multiplier with bios unless you close the L1 bridges. And getting the default 10.5X setting says that NONE of the 1st 4 bits/signal circuits have been grounded/LO else you could not get 10.5X as all 4 must be HI for 10.5X. So since no evidence of grounding, we suggest one more good cleaning of the L1 pits/acetone on q-tip, then refill with an insulating material, finally reclose the L1s with conductive trace repair material. You can leave the 5th rightmost L1 alone as it's not needed until you set 13X or higher.
John C.