• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Azure AD challenges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Right. So I'm in over my head.

It started off with me being pissed off about how the org I work for handles mobile device deployments. They took too long and were managed by UEM and not managed well at that. So when I was given the keys to the kingdom for Intune, I took to it and learned a lot and I finally have mobile devices working as they should, with ADE and soon ZeroTouch enabled devices being deployed.

However, the higher-ups took notice of my drive (fueled by spite, no less) and said "hey, this kid seems to know what he's doing! Let's make up the title Endpoint Administrator and make him handle workstation deployments in Azure as well!" To which I said "yay, more money!" and dove in and now I'm here. They even said they'd add more money if I took and pass MD-100 and MD-101, which I took, and passed (hooray!).

So I've inherited our tenant with the overarching goal of 'Make Azure AD work for us', and I've done pretty OK so far. I've got a few devices in Autopilot and deployed as test machines. But like I said, I inherited the tenant and it's a gd nightmare. Nobody knew what they were doing when we originally set it up and now it's a mess that I have to untangle first. Now to my problem:

So there are more than a few (50 or so) devices listed in the Devices blade of Azure. I know if I flip the switch to Hybrid-join devices, all those devices get hybrid-joined and synced back to on-prem AD. I don't want that. What I guess I need is a solution to prune the old devices, and then I have to figure out what to do next to either stop those devices from syncing back to on-prem, or at least have them sync correctly. Am I making any sense? I hope I am. Any help with Azure would be appreciated.

Is Microsoft tech support an option?

We actually ended up engaging a 3rd party to help us with this transition. According to them, what I wanted to do will not affect anything, as the devices will not write back to on-prem. I'm still going to continue and prune old devices however, 'cause I've gotta get this mess cleaned up! :)

We'll be piloting co-management in a few weeks. I'll get more info then!

Back