• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back in Business

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yomama

:) Just wanted to let you guys know that my Iwill KK266 is alive again.

Thank God Iwill finally came through with the correct bios chip (after first sending a bios on the wrong chip), and yes my issue was related to the bios not the CPU Kinda glad though, since this is a nice CPU ... Actually I was playing with the vio at the time, and I am wondering, since the bios runs on 3.3V whether that has someting to do with it....

Once I was up and running again, I actually went right ahead and reflashed the old chip with the new Turk bios. The new chip rests in a safe place right now, and the new Turk bios (version2.27) seems great. They actually added multipliers to go up to 15 now, so if your ram does not cut the high fsb, you can clock using 100MHz and still reach 1400 or more.

Based on all the messages related to multiplier incompatibilites I tried several multipliers 7.5, 8.5, 9, with my unlocked chip, and they all worked as well as the default 11. So I must be lucky, that my board does not exhibit these issues.

Kudos to Iwill though. Sh*t happens, but they were rather responsive and sent both chips with priority mail - still took about 5 days per chip #@%% USPS.

Yo

Back