• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back in the PC game!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmAn

Well folks I have been away for quite a long time. I have reached a point where I can return to my beloved PC hardware. I decided to go all out as best as I could.

Project: F.U. Part 2

Corsair 5000D Airflow
Asus Z790 Hero
Intel I9 13900K
32GB Trident Z DDR5-6400. (I have another kit on the way to fill the other two slots.)
2x2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD's.
ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4090 O/C (Got it at MSRP!)
Corsair HX 1200W Platinum

ASUS G-Sync 27" 4k 144hz monitor
Logitech G915 Clicky Version and a G502 X

Up next is going to be Cablemod Cables including a 12vHPWR cable to replace the dongle and a full watercooling loop when Corsair releases their block for this card. I believe they will be shipping in the next 5-6 weeks according to Corsair.

I know the wiring around the video card is funky looking with one leg of the splitter going above to meet a PCI-E cable, but once I can get new cables then I won't have it there anymore.

Other than the rare 12vHPWR connector issue is there anything I need to look for? Everything seems to be running extremely well and temps stay low during gaming.

Attachments

• 20221202_192113.jpg
    20221202_192113.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221202_182936.jpg
    20221202_182936.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 13
Very nice build! Cool that you were able to score a 4090 at MSRP and not get ripped off!

Does the 13900k not suffer from the same issue that 12th gen did, where using all four dimm slots drops the max ram speed to 4000 (or something around there)? That was my push for sticking with a 2x 32GB kit.

Very nice build! Cool that you were able to score a 4090 at MSRP and not get ripped off!

Does the 13900k not suffer from the same issue that 12th gen did, where using all four dimm slots drops the max ram speed to 4000 (or something around there)? That was my push for sticking with a 2x 32GB kit.

I've seen that yes it does suffer the issue if you leave the voltages for the ram on Auto. I found this video and it has given me confidence that this will work. It has been verified on Z790 boards as well.

I am using the GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32.

Wow. That's a really nice setup! What made you decide to put your AIO on top exhaust vs front intake?
Thank you for the compliment.

I figured that the GPU is going to be utilized much more than the CPU and therefore putting out a lot more heat. Running the AIO on the top allows me to bring in the freshest air for the GPU. I haven't noticed high CPU temps while gaming or benchmarking and is currently overclocked 5.8GHZ all core. Running Time Spy Extreme on the CPU test it gets up to 68*C and the fans barely ramp up.

I am running 2 separate corsair fan/RGB controllers in the back. One is controlling the front 3 fans and the AIO Controller is running the top fans and the back fan. I have the 3 front fans running a bit of a higher RPM to ensure that the case maintains positive pressure and I have a custom fan curve for the front three based upon the GPU temperature.

Here is a screenshot of the system under full load worst case scenario.

Full Load.jpg

Update - My second RAM Kit showed up (GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL 32-39-39-102 1.40V). I cleared the CMOS, installed the RAM sticks. When it posted it defaulted to 4000MHZ, but I followed the video linked above and set the voltages to 1.435V (.035v over stock) and the system posted at 4x16GB DDR5-6400. I'll do some stability testing, but everything is working great!

Last edited:
Back