• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back with faster machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

It's good to be back and see so many new Members to the Seti Team. Looks like I have plenty of reading matter for the next few days, just a "little" to catch up on here.

Crunched my first WU for sometime last night with a new Duron 1200@1330, it beat my Athlon 1000@1152 by over an hour. I was going for an XP 1700+, but due to a friend having compatability problems with his MoBo, we came to an arrangement. Hopefully today I will try and break the 4Hr barrier with a high AR WU, this chip still has a bit more tweaking to go yet.

Glad to have you back! Had a couple of those Morgans a while myself and they do make excellent crunchers.

Hey what times you getting? The Morgans are excellent crunchers, the only thing apart from them and the XP is the L2 Cache advantage and XP are based on 266fsb.

I'm beating quite alot of Athlon Processors as well!

Welcome Back :D

Yodums

Hi Yodums good to see you again. The Duron is within a whisker of beating 4Hrs, but I have only run 2 WU's so far. I will run the Bench WU to give an accurate time, although I think your memory timings will more than make up the difference in CPU speed. The WU's I have completed have been around the .417 AR, so I expect better when a nice high one comes along.

Sadly this is also my work machine, so my output varies. If I maxed out all day I would do about 6WU's a day, but things are not quite that simple. Looks like I'm in the slow lane at the moment, so I am preparing for a blur moving past me

I'm almost able to break the 3 hour barrier with my 1900+@147 with "Optimal", and most aggresive mem settings, 1.85 vcore
Most of my w/u's are 3.061 or 3.063. I lowered the multi and got the FSB up quite a bit higher, but it was still nowhere close to the stock config;)

great to see you back 13oots 2!!

that cruncher is really fast
my tbird 1.4@ 1.4 takes 4.5 hours per WU
with DDR at highest timings

either my tbird is slow
or those morgans are really fast
i will be looking at one for my second cruncher

lonewolf1983 said:
great to see you back 13oots 2!!

that cruncher is really fast
my tbird 1.4@ 1.4 takes 4.5 hours per WU
with DDR at highest timings

either my tbird is slow
or those morgans are really fast
i will be looking at one for my second cruncher

Its not your bird going slowly lonewolf. The Morgan durond and XPs are very fast for seti. The cash enhancements really helped speed things up.

To add to Benders statement, you must also consider that my FSB is running a bit faster. Memory timings are also very important to Seti, when I switched my PC133 #CAS 3 to CAS 2 timings I gained 25-30Mins. Switching to DDR memory with the same processor boosted things by another hour to hour and a half. FSB speeds seem to make quite a good performance increase in Seti.

im also running a 140mhz FSB
with my ram timings at fastest and CAS2

i know that the duron runs 100mhz stock,but that shouldnt matter

im tossing up the idea of selling my Tbird 1.4 (the temps on this chip is way to hot) and getting a new duron and overclocking the @#$% outta it
that would also leave me with extra $$'s to upgrade other parts of my system

box is used for seti,some mpeg1 encoding,light gaming and office apps.

ideas people?
:)

Yea the Morgans are very good crunchers as I mentioned, I've seen alot of Morgans beating out Tbirds overclocked to 1.6gigs for some odd reason.. !

I got 3.5 hours on my first one.
4hours on second and third one.

Not much more results as I formated.

Back