• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - PC Demo on Jan. 28th

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a relief to hear. I was contemplating my system specs after it only ran smoothly on all low settings on 1900 x 1200. Cant wait to try it tonite.

I was worried to. I though i was finally going to have to give up on my trusty 775 chip ! lol

I run it 1920x1200 to, no issues. Only time framerate dips is where there is multi tanks/explosions around which for me is to me expected (so much action at once).

The performance between the BETA and final is night and day !

I have all MAX'ed no hblah whatever or bloom (dont like them) and i am now getting 70-80FPS. And the game looks/feels amazing.
I also set my FOV to 65 instead of 55.

Is that the highest the FOV can go?

I would imagine 200 would look extremely odd. Back in my days of playing TFC competitively using 110-115 was pretty normal but was very hard to get used to, I couldn't imagine giving yourself fish-eye effect of that magnitude.

About the performance being better; is this in 32 player servers? Or in the single player campaign? Pretty big difference.

Steam seems to be overloaded.. was frozen at 0% downloading for a while, tried to reload it, then it would not load the startup page at all, then reloaded a 3rd time and let it sit on downloading 0% for a while... now it's finally downloading at max speed.

32 player maps have been smooth as butter, been connecting to a Chicago server, ping 45ish.

OMG.... why can't you go prone??? and why the hell should you have to hold down the ctrl key to stay crouched...

When do real world sniper shoot at a stance from roof tops??? Crazy!!!

This is NOT a BF2 series game. They are going to be adding toggle crouch soon.
yep, if you look on the oboards for the US there is a setup for Auto-hotkey that will get your toggle aim/crouch/run I believe setup for the time being.

Oh, and Jumpin Jack, don't start to bring in the 'in the real world' arguments into a game where you can regenerate health by standing still and take more than 2 bullets and stay alive. Or stand close to a med kit and become healthy or use defibs and bring anyone back to life...

yep, if you look on the oboards for the US there is a setup for Auto-hotkey that will get your toggle aim/crouch/run I believe setup for the time being.

Oh, and Jumpin Jack, don't start to bring in the 'in the real world' arguments into a game where you can regenerate health by standing still and take more than 2 bullets and stay alive. Or stand close to a med kit and become healthy or use defibs and bring anyone back to life...

for the record, I regenerate health by standing still... :p

Yes I understand, but com'n... what FPS game doesn't have the abitily to go prone... especially for snipers??? You have all these ladders to rooftops etc, to snipe from but your up for all to see like a pair of dogs balls, OMG!!! :bang head

Yes I understand, but com'n... what FPS game doesn't have the abitily to go prone... especially for snipers??? You have all these ladders to rooftops etc, to snipe from but your up for all to see like a pair of dogs balls, OMG!!! :bang head

Recon is a cheap enough class in the game as it is.

counter-strike

I think we have enough BFBC2 threads popping up. The demo/beta one is no longer needed.

The Bad Company Series.

BF3 will have prone (says Dice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back