• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad fans RTX 3080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems that the fans on GPU's (EVGA anyway) are not made to be oiled, there is no access point on these fans to add oil, so it's replace with new fan and toss old fan.

They appear to be sleeve bearings, but I think most try to seal them these days. Probably explains why there have been problems in the first place, I bet the card was run in the vertical orientation wearing out the sleeve.

EDIT: I know the margins are crummy for board partners especially, but if feels like if someone is spending so much on a GPU a more durable fan should have been used. I guess NVidia is the only one who wins, they probably lose money on the FE cards and make it back selling GPUs to board partners.

That would be true of a used card but this card was new, so how it got seized up I don't know, but it came that way from EVGA.

Back