• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad GlobanWin wbk38???? or just BAD NEWS....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B3Master

Registered
I ordered two of these hsf, one for me one for my freind from coolerchips.com, it was arrived 2 days later faster then i EVER though, BUT the fans were placed at an angle..... I moved one to make it parralel to the base of the HSF and it can be done, but once i did it I heard somthing crack...... i took it out carefuly and all 3 parts that hold the fan in the fan outer base are broken only thing holding it now is the wires this is BS! when the fan turn on its scratching its own outer base, motor isnt centered hence the fins were scratching the inner circle of the fan chassis.... i opened up the second one and took the springs out carefuly (wire springs that held the fan on HS and guess what it already came with TWO cracked fanmotor holders only 3rd one was fine........

my question is up with these WEAK links from the fan outer base to the fan motor! and second big Q is why was it already broken from globan win box, and 3rd is why were they placed at an angle creating that uneven pressure on those 3 fanmotor holder that cause it to crack upon installation from global win..............

and 4th what the heck do i do now? now im afraid of anything with the delta 38 fan on it! those are terribly weak links to hold the motor in place, obviousl;y weak enough to crack upon installation from globanwin!

what do i do? probbaly super glue will be a better bond then the original plastic........ and those wire spring dont hold the fan steady enough to calm it down causing that loud vibrating sound (other from the air moving sound) i held it tighter with my fingers and it got much quieter......

no man noithing like that, the boxes of the hsf werent damaged in any way, the fan already came at an angle, and it can fit parralel very easily and simply, why were they aat an angle and how can they break those links just assembling the darn thing!

B3Master, this just plain sucks. I suggest calling or "Webing" the company that sold you these HSF's. If they'll give you an RMA number, you may be OK. You might go to the outfit's Web site and read the fine print about their business policy's first. I wouldn't use the HSF's. Spinning fans dancing around inside your machine....

like i said Im prety scared of the 38 fans now, i mean to break upon installation jeeesh, coolerchips.com shows on their websites sales are final, but they have 30 day exchanges to defective products... we will see what i can do... might give the ocz monster II a try its doesnt mention what fan they using but i belive they used screws instead of just wire springs to hold down fan, making it steadier and quieter :) and probbaly less stress during assembly.
hoping it isnt the sam delta 38 fan

Back