• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
omg.... I can only get stable if I set v11's speed to the maximum... and thats loud... If I set it back a bit, in 5 minutes it starts the ambulance... I cant understand, because in full speed the max temperature is 44, I guess with less speed it gets to 45+ then starts the ambulance...... I can't handle this noise! I DONT WANT THIS SIREN!

boX_BR said:
omg.... I can only get stable if I set v11's speed to the maximum... and thats loud... If I set it back a bit, in 5 minutes it starts the ambulance... I cant understand, because in full speed the max temperature is 44, I guess with less speed it gets to 45+ then starts the ambulance...... I can't handle this noise! I DONT WANT THIS SIREN!
are you sure? maybe AS3 should help? I think AS3 is too expensive, but if it can solve my problem then I put it... I'm currently using a thermal grease that came with the V11

boX_BR said:

are you sure? maybe AS3 should help? I think AS3 is too expensive, but if it can solve my problem then I put it... I'm currently using a thermal grease that came with the V11

How expensive is it compared to the cost of your processor?

boX_BR said:

I think ill buy it... if it's gonna help then I buy! :)
it's like 10% the processor price... it's not that expensive, I found a place where I can get it cheap...

i think, if you got a better hs and hs fan....you would run faster and hotter, i had a volcano 9 and could run 2.29 with my barton (barton run hotter then tbred, and run about 1.5 mhz faster at the same clock)

the SLK900U has seemed to help me, i got it last night
still alot of oc'ing room..... i hope to reach 2.35 or 2.4

i might have to get a tornado 92mm fan tho....

i really need to take the freash AS3 to the heat max....
i might try burning in again, because last time my temps droped 3c cause it was burning the AS3 in.....

i burn at 100*6 @ 600mhz vcore @ 2.200

omg at 45 it does that? i used to run at 50C wihtout a problem
it was stable....
i can tell you, those fans arnt loud, i got 5 running in my full speed, never bother me....
ppl complian about that to much

Could it be that you are looking at system temp, and your processor is actually running hotter? The siren sound at under 60 sounds a bit strange...

it's not really 45... the temperature gets to 45-50, but it starts making the siren.. YES, I'M LOOKING AT THE CPU TEMPERATURE... system temp is 31

boX_BR said:
it's not really 45... the temperature gets to 45-50, but it starts making the siren.. YES, I'M LOOKING AT THE CPU TEMPERATURE... system temp is 31
It starts the siren because that is what it is set at in presumably your epox software - if its stable at that temperature then up the threshold for when the siren goes off.

OC Detective said:

It starts the siren because that is what it is set at in presumably your epox software - if its stable at that temperature then up the threshold for when the siren goes off.
it's auto shutdown when the siren comes.... and its ABIT

blah burned in for 24 hours and still cant pass 2.3 ghz! -.-

Well if it makes you feel any better, i can only reach 2254MHz MAX. Now im just waiting to see if burning in really works.. just 3 more hours to go till 24hrs is up :D

boX_BR said:
blah burned in for 24 hours and still cant pass 2.3 ghz! -.-
post your results when you finish, please! :D
are you burning in in that method of setting vcore to 2,10 and low clock or are you burning in at your max stable mhz?

Your temps are fine, and realistic. I'm guessing that your Warning temperature is set to 50 in the "PC Health Status" section of your BIOS. If so, change it or disable it. Push your voltage to 1.9 or so. You haven't stated what PSU you have; this could be a major factor in determining what kind of an overclock you get. Also, in your BIOS, enabe "CPU Interface" in Softmenu III, not doing so greatly hurts your overclock for some reason, at least as far as I can tell, with beta bios 1.4.

Back