• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I was just playing Empire Earth for about an hour on my system and when I finished I took a look at the dashboard of motherboard monitor and it said my CPU was at a 39 C. Then, after a second or two it hopped right down to 38. Is 39 C pushing it for playing a game like Empire Earth for an hour?

RainMaQer

3D God
Whatcha got for cooling? Thats not too bad... mine is in the low 40's and I don't run into any problems... if your nervous about that temp I'd say just add another fan or two... see if you can bring it down a degree or two. Whats your case temp?

Kendan

Senior Punk
That is a good temp. if you want to know your load temp and to see if it is stable quickly run a program called toast. this program gets mt chip hotter than [email protected] just unzip it and run it there is no install give it 10 min. then you will know what your load temp is and whether or not you are stable. Prime 95 is still better for a stability test because it lets you know if there are errors. But toast will crash if you are overclocked to high.

DanFraser

I ran that toast for 14mins... Started off at 43c (usually 41c) and went up to 51c... held 51 for about 7 mins... getting some extra fans in soon...

res0r9lm

I was curious what my temps would be at stock speeds. LOL first time it has ever been @ 1.4 my full load temps are with folding @ home

Emericana

that is a great temp. i run my cpu at 1.95v and get 55C when playing games. Nothing happens till you get over 60C tho then it gets unstable.

OP
Garfield

Garfield

Hmmm...well I'm glad those temps aren't bad. Had me a little worried. For some better cooling I was planning on making a duct. Maybe in the summer. Hopefully earlier...