• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector QUESTION!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aliciaparry212

Will a Delta 60mm Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector fan work on a BE6 - 2 ???? or do i need a 3 to 4 pin converter so it draws the power out of the power supply instead....the fan spins 7000 rpm's and draws 3.84 volts...what i want to know is if anyone has been successful using this on a BE6-2 mobo. tks!

Last edited:
You should be able to plug it in to a 4 pin header on the mobo. The connector will only align in one orientation, leaving an unused pin to the left of the connector. But at 7000 RPM, do you have a runway for that rig? LOL

Will a Delta 60mm Ball Bearing Fan 38cfm 3Pin connector fan work on a BE6 - 2 ???? or do i need a 3 to 4 pin converter so it draws the power out of the power supply instead....the fan spins 7000 rpm's and draws 3.84 volts...what i want to know is if anyone has been successful using this on a BE6-2 mobo. tks!

Is that 3.84 amps? If so then no Do not hook that up to the motherboard. Most fan headers were rated at 1amp max and older mobo where even less. I would probably put that directly to the psu.

3.84 volts would be an odd amount for a pc fan. Make sure that's not amps as Lochkey said. Look on the fan label for electrical stats. If it gives you watts instead of amps you can figure the amps from that and knowing the voltage it draws. Watts=volts x amps.

Is that 3.84 amps? If so then no Do not hook that up to the motherboard. Most fan headers were rated at 1amp max and older mobo where even less. I would probably put that directly to the psu.
This, so this. The BE6-ii fan headers can hardly even take a 1 amp fan.

Back