• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bang for buck decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

I am looking for a cpu/mobo

the Best bang for my buck, have memory and PS just need a cpu/mobo 754/930/940 what is the best right now?

I don't have time to browse through countless posts to get the consesus on what's the hottest best overclocking chip anymore, all help is greatly appreciated

Scott9027

If you can find them, the Opterons (144, 146, 148) have been overclocking very well as well as having an extra 1MB of cache.

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

$250 budget for cpu/mobo
as I will have to buy a PCI Express card (and or want to upgrade 9700pro AIW at same time)

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

went with opteron 146, DFI Ultra-D and a 6600GT card my total was abit more than I wanted so... I will have to sell some stuff.

darksparkz

Why not Opteron 146, DFI Ultra-D, and 6800GS instead? 6800GS is a much better price/performance card, cut down to the 144 if necessary.

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

* I ordered already....

I got the 6600GT pretty cheap, if I don't like it I will flip it on ebay and most likely break even.... been there done that a few times already, shoot I have made money once